MP "sweating" problem has me very confused

AlwaysWondering

I have been reading and reading all the threads on this MP forum. My only large concern is about sweating.

I bought the LCP Low Sweat White MP base from Brambleberry. I don't know, perhaps you do, if it is a Brambleberry own product or if it is SFIC. I plan to use PrairieAnn's recipe with the added jojoba, honey, shea, cocoa butter, liquid soap, etc.

Brambleberry indicates the base I bought can be wrapped in paper and Linda (I think) said she has successfully used a low sweat MP (did not mention the brand or supplier) with oils, etc. added and wraps in paper with no sweating issues.

I'm still very concerned about sweating, am I worrying over nothing? It sounds horrible.

How do I test for sweating? Put it in the bathroom with the shower on to create humidity? Our weather and homes are bone dry right now.

Thank you in advance.

I am pretty sure the brambleberry base is SFIC. I also think that you have no need to worry. Low sweat base is a pretty consistent product designed for humid conditions. At worse, you will have a softer bar of soap with the addition of so many additives. Make a tiny batch and see. I would not subject the finished soap in an overly humid environment like the shower. Just see what happens if you make just two or three bars of soap. Unmold them early in the day and see what happens.

Thank you! LindaNelson, I saw your post on another thread and it gave me some relief. As I recall, you've been doing this for 7 years with not problem with the low sweat plus added goodies. But then I saw other posts that still had sweat issues, etc.

Another question, if you all don't mind. Not everyone uses soap right away, they kind of hoard pretty soap! If this low sweat M&P with additives sits on a shelf somewhere for a few months and not used, will it shrink, lose scent, or something else? As mentioned, I'd like to wrap in freezer paper (love the look of the coffee filters, too) but that is not air tight.

Maybe I'm worrying too much.

If this low sweat M&P with additives sits on a shelf somewhere for a few months and not used, will it shrink, lose scent, or something else? As mentioned, I'd like to wrap in freezer paper (love the look of the coffee filters, too) but that is not air tight.

I'm finding my low sweat SFIC M&P w/additives is getting harder with age. Scent is staying strong and no shrinking. Its only been about 4 weeks but so far that is what I'm finding here. I've kept them wrapped tight in cellophane with no issues at all. Nice dry bars.

Same here, no negative effects.

I'm finding my low sweat SFIC M&P w/additives is getting harder with age. Scent is staying strong and no shrinking. Its only been about 4 weeks but so far that is what I'm finding here. I've kept them wrapped tight in cellophane with no issues at all. Nice dry bars.

You'll be hooked instantly!!

Agreed. There will be no more store bought body wash or bar soaps for me either. Still have some family with a little trouble making the switch due to the lack of bubbles. The bars began lathering more the longer they cured but they seem to think they need bubbles. I'll convert them...just a matter of time :)

Agreed. There will be no more store bought body wash or bar soaps for me either. Still have some family with a little trouble making the switch due to the lack of bubbles. The bars began lathering more the longer they cured but they seem to think they need bubbles. I'll convert them...just a matter of time :)

Screw family and their opinions - I don't waste my time on ppl that are stuck on the performance of store bought stuff. If they like my stuff, that 's good; it they don't - oh well, my ego doesn't need their approval.

Screw family and their opinions - I don't waste my time on ppl that are stuck on the performance of store bought stuff. If they like my stuff, that 's good; it they don't - oh well, my ego doesn't need their approval.

lol....am trying to get the store bought soap out of the house entirely.

I TOTALLY share the sentiment "Screw family and their opinions"... Most know nothing at all. My soap lathers like crazy and my extended family still uses store bought soap. Creatures of habit, I guess... that and probably just plain stupid.

Hey - I resemble that remark!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

There are also people who would rather eat frozen lasagna, store-bought cookies, cakes and pies, too. Best to save the good stuff for those who appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...