My first clamshells

mzphee

OK I MADE MY FIRST CLAMSHELLS USING 4794 AND GB444. THEY SMELL REALLY GOOD BUT I DO SEE WHERE I COULD HAVE POURED MORE WAX INTO THE CLAMSHELLS. OK HERE ARE THE PICTURES. I WILL POST WHICH IS WHAT LOL

th_random024.jpg?t=1324990401JAMACIAN BAY RUM,JUNIPER BREEZE, AND COTTON CANDY

th_random025.jpg?t=1324990407GRAPEFRUIT SPLASH,COCONUT LIME, JAMACIAN BAY RUM

random020.jpg?t=1324990363

COTTON CANDY WAS 25/75 BLEND 444 AND 4794

COCONUT LIME 50/50 444 AND 4794

JAMACIAN BAY RUM 4794

GRAPFRUIT SPLASH 4794

JUNIPER BREEZE 10/90 BLEND 444 AND 4794

LOL I can tell there's 4794 in there! (Im not making fun, Im laughing cause after about 1000 packs of melts mine do the same thing)... see how u get just the slightest lil dimple in some and that one of the right is smooth as heck? LOL Gotta embrace it cause you'll get that. I think they are LOVELY and the colors are very nice :) You'll really like doing melts in the clams! Oh btw, now this is just me, but I dont do a repour to smooth them out ( the dimpled ones) I tried and tried, and no matter how hot I got my second pour, it sat on top of the first and didnt adhere good, so when I would go to take them out of the shell, I'd get two piece per cube.. the first pour and the second layer. Someone somewhere I know can do it using that wax, I just never could no matter how much hotter I poured.

LOL I can tell there's 4794 in there! (Im not making fun, Im laughing cause after about 1000 packs of melts mine do the same thing)... see how u get just the slightest lil dimple in some and that one of the right is smooth as heck? LOL Gotta embrace it cause you'll get that. I think they are LOVELY and the colors are very nice :) You'll really like doing melts in the clams! Oh btw, now this is just me, but I dont do a repour to smooth them out ( the dimpled ones) I tried and tried, and no matter how hot I got my second pour, it sat on top of the first and didnt adhere good, so when I would go to take them out of the shell, I'd get two piece per cube.. the first pour and the second layer. Someone somewhere I know can do it using that wax, I just never could no matter how much hotter I poured.

I did read on of your post and you made mention of the dimples(lol) so I was aware of it when I saw it.. but that you you were right 4794 is a good wax for tarts ...does 4794 seem to melt slower than soy? I know you dont use soy(I told you I read your post lol)but does 4794 melt slow on the melters? im using a melter thats 25watt but its a bulb

Since I use tealight warmers they tend to melt pretty fast. Im sure not as fast as soy but fast. You're lucky. Yours look lots better than that last batch I did where I had the monkeyed up case of wax. I've ended up getting the same wax from a different supplier ( only 2 slabs to test with ) andddddddddddd of course it did the same thing. Do you mind me asking when, and where, you got that case of 4794??? I miss my dimples ! I'd rather have dimples than crazy waves any day !

Since I use tealight warmers they tend to melt pretty fast. Im sure not as fast as soy but fast. You're lucky. Yours look lots better than that last batch I did where I had the monkeyed up case of wax. I've ended up getting the same wax from a different supplier ( only 2 slabs to test with ) andddddddddddd of course it did the same thing. Do you mind me asking when, and where, you got that case of 4794??? I miss my dimples ! I'd rather have dimples than crazy waves any day !

I just got it Thursday from DSP $17.00 a slab

Those look great! And if you don't think so go look at others including the "S" company. You'll get the imaginary fill line down after you pour for awhile. DH pours a lot of mine and he's better at getting them filled so they look nice than I am. I'm the mix master and the pour pot cleaner!

i have poured thousands of them. I get them to come out with no dimples, with dimples. and then some with just ugly massive holes in it. I have figured it out that i get the best results when i let the wax cool quite a bit before pouring. Less shrinking. If you let it cool to much then you will get air bubbles on the tops. We tilt the pour pot to a 45 degree for a second and the bring it back upright. If the wax up the pot startes to harden then it is about right to pour. After a while you will be able to see the right temp on the pot side. We pour about 500 a month. Except in October, November, and December where we will pour between 1300 to 2500 a month. A helpful hint that we found. You get less dripping down the pot if you keep it to 2lbs or less in the pot. Going over that you will get some wax running down the sides of the pot all over everything. Good job on your first clamshell.