Sample Scent Bases

caryfh

I have been putting together some sets of supplies for a handful of people who want to offer parties with my products. I was curious what other use when they are providing sample scents. With my candles it's easy as I just put together a set of smaller candles, so they can smell the candles while also seeing the containers that some of them come in. With the body products I'm unsure how I really want to do this. Thus far I've been combining the FO with dendritic salt and then I put this into little lip balm-sized containers that have an insert that rotates open or closed. While this works okay for now, I would really like to find some sort of base or medium that I can combine with the FO that will hold the scent longer than the salts seem to. Any ideas? I don't want to do air freshner paper as this seems to die out quickly too.

early american candles has these .875 glass sample jars for .25

5071.jpg I ordered some too seems like it would work.

TINCASE.JPGjust saw these at bitter creek south! this will work great also

Edited by mzphee
add picture

Sorry, I guess I should clarify. I'm good on the containers for this purpose, I was just hoping someone could suggest something they mixed their FO's in that seemed to hold the scent for quite sometime that I could then put in my sample containers. It's doesn't necessarily have to be something they would use on their body, just needs to be able to keep the scent strong for a long time so that I'm not constantly having to make new batches every couple of months. But thanks for the suggestion of containers mzphee as I do like the one with the little compacts pictured, but would need to find something to put in those that wouldn't fall out if the tester opened it to smell it and got clumsy. :)

Oh thank you so much!! Have the aroma beads, but hadn't used them for anything so I guess I sort of forgot all about them. The beads would work great since I'm not actually going to be at the parties, it was more for putting together a little kit for those who wanted to offer parties.

And it's for the body butter, lotion, sugar scrub, etc., that for the most part does not have the same scent as the candles.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I use mushroom pots to put the actual product (body butter, cream, scrub, etc.) I do this because the voices in my head tell me that the potential customer will get a better idea as to how the product smells and how it feels. Other mediums may actually alter the scent, kwim?

You can find the mushroom pots at Elements or Nature's Garden:

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/10-ml-35-oz-Natural-Mushroom-Jar-w-lid-pr-957.html

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/item/mushpot1/-Mushroom-Pot-Set-10-ml..html

HTH