Found a possible silver lid for the Libbey Elemental jar

YAY!!! :yay: WHAHOOOO!!! :yay: We now have both a silver lid and a plastic lid that fits the Libbey Elemental jar! :grin2: A HUGE THANK YOU to Camay, :wave: who sent me an assortment of lids to try!

We have a PERFECT fit with the Filmore Matte Silver 72mm HZ8583 lid.

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Lids/72mm-Matte-Silver-Cover.htm

It fits like a dream! It snaps on and fits snugly without wiggling. It is PERFECT!!! :party::soap baby dance:

And Filmore also has the same size lid in a shiny plated silver tumbler cover, which costs more, but I'm assuming it would fit the same. It's model number: HZ8582.

And in a plastic economy lid, we've got a good fit with the Candles and Supplies 67-69mm lid! YAY! :grin2: It's not crystal clear, it's cloudy plastic and it doesn't have a sniffy hole, so you have to press down on the center to force the trapped air out of the jar, and then run your finger around the top of the rim to press it down good so the side will not raise up a hair on some jars, but other jars it fits perfect without having to run your finger around the top of the rim. With a nice round label on top and a cute ribbon glued around the side of the lid, it will look really cool! :cool2:

I have not tried the 73mm silver lid that I linked in my original post and in the comment above this one yet. I was waiting until I could afford to order it and then Camay offered to send me a lid to try, and I'm so glad she did!!! :whoohoo:

Edited by HorsescentS

Hi, do you think the Candles and Supplies 67-69mm lid would fit the Status jar? Also, you can order the Fillmore lids by the piece.

Thanks for telling me we can buy the silver lids from Filmore by the piece. That's really good news! I was kind of discouraged so I bought a case of crystal cut jelly jars tonight. lol

I don't know if the Candles and Supplies 67-69mm lid would fit the Status jar, but my guess is that it's too small. I think there are nicer crystal clear plastic lids that will fit the Status jar and you can get them at LoneStar Candle Supply in Dallas, Tx. They have glass and silver lids for the Status jars too.

Great! You will love them, they're cute! And they snap on and off so nice and tight they make the Tupperware burp.

Will be doing my first craft show this Fall and these jars will be there. What I need now is a website and the time to set it up.

Thanks for telling me we can buy the silver lids from Filmore by the piece.

I think there are nicer crystal clear plastic lids that will fit the Status jar and you can get them at LoneStar Candle Supply in Dallas, Tx. They have glass and silver lids for the Status jars too.

You're welcome and thanks for letting me know about the lids at LoneStar. I'm going to go check them out. :)

Here is a picture of the Elemental Jar with the glass, flat-top lid. It looks a little massive to me and am hoping the metal lids will give a better look. Cost of lid (metal or glass) is about the same.

That's pretty, rj, but you're right it does look a little massive. You will love the silver lids, they're adorable.

ok I have the #69 plastic lids from Candles and Supplies and they do not fit my jar. there is still room in it, I ordered these in March, so I called crystal todatat Candles and supplies and asked if there was a small size she said that was the best fit(I sent my jar in) ugh...this is not working for me. I did see on the site they now have a size #67 I may try that but I have already paided shipping three times dont really want to do it again I may just keep them. Can I mail one to you guys and you tell me how it fits your jar so you can see what im talking about? if so please inbox me and I will mail out a few

ok I have the #69 plastic lids from Candles and Supplies and they do not fit my jar. there is still room in it, I ordered these in March, so I called crystal todatat Candles and supplies and asked if there was a small size she said that was the best fit(I sent my jar in) ugh...this is not working for me. I did see on the site they now have a size #67 I may try that but I have already paided shipping three times dont really want to do it again I may just keep them. Can I mail one to you guys and you tell me how it fits your jar so you can see what im talking about? if so please inbox me and I will mail out a few

I'll inbox you, so you can send me one and I can compare it to the one I got from Camay, which fits pretty well, but not 100% perfect because, if anything, it's a bit tight and wants to raise up on one edge of the rim a bit, unless you really work it down on there good.

The one I sent to HorsescentS is the 67-69 mm plastic lid. I don't see separate 67 mm and 69 mm lids on the C&S site?

I ordered mine in March and it was under flower pot/votive..now it has #67-69, but if you look under it it has lid-67...not sure

I guess they stopped selling the flower pot lid, I can't see it anyway... thanks for clearing that up.

I don't really like these lids because of the color. I wish I could find crystal clear plastic lids for all jars! I don't understand why libbey and other glass manufacturers don't hire a company to make the plastic lids. It seems like there is a market for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally made it to my UPS box and picked up the lids you sent me. I'm sorry it took me so long to make the trip into town, but my family was here and I was trying to save on gas, so I could do visit-related stuff with them. They're exactly as you described. They look prettier because they're crystal clear, and they look nice sitting on top of the jar, but there is room so it's not a tight fit and they'd have to be taped or hinged with a sticker on one side, or just let them sit on top of the candle like a dust cover. The others were a better fit, but they were cloudy instead of clear and didn't look as cute.

im not sure what to do because I really like the jars and need a cover/lid for them thats not to expensive

Maybe there's a way to make the lid fit tighter by gluing something inside the rim...using Mod Podge to put a strip of fabric or ribbon inside the rim of the lid...or winding rafia around the neck of the jar...there's gotta be a way...put a cute colored rubber band or elastic around the neck of the jar and cram the lid down over it...:wink2:

Edited by HorsescentS