do container lids make a difference in sales?

Nicholas

Greetings! I have a question about container lids. When I first started experimenting with candles many many months ago, one thing that I wanted to do was have a different type of lid to make my jars stand out, but now that I have been exploring more and looking at different candle containers and lids, I have noticed that a lot of candle makers simply use glass lids verses metal lids. So, I'm wondering if lids make a difference in sales? Has anyone in the past used metal lids and switch to glass lids to increase sales or used glass lids and switched to metal lids to increase sales? I'm still months away from starting to sale my candles and would like to step back and take a look at the entire picture instead of making something that is just appealing to my eyes. Thanks!:yay:

I used to use the metal lids, but this summer I started using up all the glass lids that I had left over (to save money). NOT ONE customer even asked about the metal lids. While I do like the look of the metal ones it did not seem to make much difference in sales so, with so many expenses going up I am not going to pay extra anymore for fancy lids. HTH

I carry the salsa jars and they don't come with glass lids only the metal screw on type. The only comment I get from customers is they tend to toss the lid once they start burning the candle.

I would only care what kind of lid I was using if I wanted a very upscale candle. Even them some very big candle companies are using throwaway plastic lids.

I once offered an opt out on the lids, if they opted out they got a free 1 ounce tart. I'm going to say 90% of the people opted out, and the ones that didn't were generally giving them as gifts. I also gained a whole new "warming" following because a lot of candle people who never tried warming fell in love.

I once offered an opt out on the lids, if they opted out they got a free 1 ounce tart. I'm going to say 90% of the people opted out, and the ones that didn't were generally giving them as gifts. I also gained a whole new "warming" following because a lot of candle people who never tried warming fell in love.

Great idea 001!