Is Hobby obby "Clearphane" the same as cellophane? Will it lock in the scent?

I bought Clearphane from Hobby Lobby because they don't have anything called "cellophane," and they told me it's the closest thing. Their cello bags are not crystal clear and didn't look good on my candles. I cut circles of Clearphane and put them over the tops of my candle jars and tied shiny gold elastic bows around the necks of the jars to hold it in place, instead of buying lids. My candle nose is so bad I can't tell if my house is reeking of FO because of the lingering scent from pouring and testing, or if the Clearphane is not locking in the scent from the candles I covered with it. Has anybody tried Clearphane? Does it lock in the scent? TIA

I swear anything for candle making at hobby lobby is junk. I was in a pinch one time and bought this ridiculous set of dyes only for the purple, even the entire bottle barely colored a pound of wax. Then I ran out of stearic and bought theirs to get me by, my candles when they got to 150, which is where I pour, the wax had all these wierd bubbles and had semi-solid... bits. Ugh.

I swear anything for candle making at hobby lobby is junk. I was in a pinch one time and bought this ridiculous set of dyes only for the purple, even the entire bottle barely colored a pound of wax. Then I ran out of stearic and bought theirs to get me by, my candles when they got to 150, which is where I pour, the wax had all these wierd bubbles and had semi-solid... bits. Ugh.

I only buy my Libbey jars there so I don't have to pay shipping. I'm using the Libbey Elemental jars, which are in the Candle Craft aisle, and I can order them by the case when they have their 50% off glassware sale every 2 or 3 weeks, with no shipping charge. Too bad they don't have the lids for those, but they do have other Libbey jars with lids.