Help finding a dupe

Soleil

I have a friend that is absolutely in love with Bath & Body Works' Candles that are scented Dark Chocolate Mint, which is described as:

A luscious blend of dark chocolate shavings and pure peppermint, layered with rich vanilla cream and just a touch of caramel

and she loves

Marshmallow Fireside:

Toasted marshmallows and sweet vanilla cream wrapped in the aroma of rich smoldering woods.

I haven't smelled them personally so I don't know what they smell like, but does anyone who may have smelled them know a good dupe? I have hunted online and can't find one..

Well I asked RE on Facebook and she said that she thought it was closer to a... rice krispie treat scent.

I definitely thought of that and I may end up getting different ones and seeing if any fit my friend's tastes.

Edited by Soleil

I think I'll try that Faerywren, thanks!

I'll probably also get RE's Toasted Marshmallow as well. I may make some samples to send her so she can test and tell me which one is close enough.

Though I may order a BBW candle myself so I can see what they smell like! That would help me a lot lol

Though I may order a BBW candle myself so I can see what they smell like! That would help me a lot lol

The candles are on sale right now, 2 for $20.00 instead of their regular 19.95 apiece. :)

And the dark chocolate mint is HEAVENLY. I own it myself... :cheesy2:

Edited by CandleCrazyGal

Ok this is just MO but I just smelled it and the CT is dark chocolate (heavy) with a whiff of cream and caramel -- kinda reminds me of a mug of dark chocolate hot chocolate. There is a TINY bit of peppermint in the CT but you really have to close your eyes to discern it. It's not strong like an Andes mint. I lit my candle and will come back in about an hour and let you know about the hot throw! :) TY for giving me the perfect "excuse" to light it up!

That does help quite a bit, thank you! I read the reviews and one person said the same thing as you, but others said they smelled total mint.. I guess there may be differences between their candles.

I'm going to go to BBW this weekend to get some stuff for Christmas so I'll get my own to smell lol

I would say you need to look for a Peppermint Patty scent, Nature's Garden makes a good Peppermint Patty. Both the dark chocolate and mint come through. For the marshmallow, you most likely will need to add a bit of a fireplace note. KY toasted marshmallow is sweet like marshmallow, no other notes. It does not smell like the BBW at all.

I was definitely thinking about trying LS's Peppermint bark because the description sounded great regardless of what I wanted.

The other one is the hassle, but I think she likes the chocolate mint one better anyway. I find nothing that has the 'fireplace' scent already in it so that would have to be blended in.

That does help quite a bit, thank you! I read the reviews and one person said the same thing as you, but others said they smelled total mint..

I'm going to go to BBW this weekend to get some stuff for Christmas so I'll get my own to smell lol

You'll fall in love with it! I think the people who smelled strong mint are thinking of their Chocolate Mint. That is the flip of Dark Chocolate Mint, with the mint being the predominant fragrance with the choc secondary. The Chocolate Mint is green and the Dark Choco Mint is brown. You'll love them both!! :) Please post if you are able to closely dupe the scent of the DCM! Good luck!

Well I went and smelled the DCM today.. I smelled pure dark chocolate with not even a hint of mint (haha it rhymes..) through it's CT. I didn't get it because they were sold out and only had a sample one they had on the counter but I got a good idea of what to do from that one.

Unfortunately, they were completely sold out and had no samples of the Marshmallow Fireside so I'm unsure if I'll be able to dupe it anytime soon.

I will definitely let you know if I can do it CandleCrazyGal!