Does your wax come out easily?

periwinkle

Last week, I attempted tarts for the first time. I used 75% Ecosoya PB and 25% Naturewax C-3, 1oz pp FO (LS Blueberry Cobbler.) I poured into a clamshell.

They look beautiful, and have a nice CT, and came out of the clamshell with no problem. HT was wonderful also, but only lasted about 8 hours. When I turned the warmer on the next day, no HT at all, so I need to work on that!

Anyways.... when your tarts are no longer smelly (lol) does the wax come out of the warmer easily? Mine wouldn't budge, and I had to heat and pour it out. Just wondered if this is the norm?

For me, it depends on the wax and type of warmer. I personally use metal ones from the Dollar Tree, I pop them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until I remember to take them out , which could be days later lol , and they just pop right now. Now I do have some that want to be stubborn sometimes, so I just take a sharp knife and pry the edge and out the lil disk of wax comes :)

HTH

I use ecosoya PB and it doesn't just slide out for me. I use a tealight warmer, so when I go to change it I light a new tealight, and by the time I have picked a new melt the bottom has melted a tad and the disc slides out. I don't melt it all the way down and pour out as a liquid....unless I get distracted and forget about it!