Vanilla Stabilizer for Lotion ??

blacktieaffair

As we all know, WSP had went off their rockers. I wont say I wont order from her again because there are a couple of things I really love from there and when I have the money to get them all at one time, its a good deal

BUT !

I desperately need some Vanilla Stabilizer for Lotion. Not soap, not candles but lotion. And unfortunately the only place I've ever seen it was there.

Im too new to post of the classifieds, but do any of you know where I can find Vanilla Stabilizer for Lotion? I've done a Google and didnt get far with it.

I have a small order to go out this week ( its too late to get it now unless I overnight it ) and I was only going to get like an 8 oz bottle. Thing is, the 16oz bottle is like 13 bucks.. but then that crazy heiffer adds in 20 bucks for shipping !!!!!

So, if anyone knows where I can find a supplier for this stuff, I sure would appreciate it !!!

Ravens...have you by chance tried NG natural M&P base? The one w/milk.

Like this stabilizer btw since it can be used for just about all applications....thx for the link for us all :)

You're welcome, Jeanie:smiley2:

regarding the NG M&P bases, yes, I tried them once or twice. I prefer the ones from Bramble Berry; I like them better; they are also cheaper than NG's. Two lbs of MP bases at NG cost $6.29, but I get 10 lbs. of Bramble Berry GM base for 27.50. They do have great products and superb customer service. If you'd like to take a look at Bramble Berry white MP base, here you go:

http://www.brambleberry.com/LCP-White-Melt-And-Pour-Soap-P3190.aspx

i have never used their white MP, but I tried their shea MP bases and the hemp base. I then settled on the GM base, and that's what I use on a regular basis (I add my own stuff, of course.... you know I like to play mad scientist! :laugh2:)

HTH

Ravens...have you by chance tried NG natural M&P base? The one w/milk.

Like this stabilizer btw since it can be used for just about all applications....thx for the link for us all :)

I then settled on the GM base, and that's what I use on a regular basis (I add my own stuff, of course.... you know I like to play mad scientist! :laugh2:)

Of Course....I won't be using body wash again ever. I used the SFIC white base from Soap Goods. After it cured a week or so I was pleased with the lather. Not bubbles but nice creamy lather. However, I think that may have been due to the added fun stuff. I followed an awesome recipe in M&P.

I want to try other bases to compare. BB is on the list.

Thanks for the advice on NG base...

Speaking of body washes... I just received a few samples of BCN aloe wash. It's very thick; will add some FO or EO and see how it performs. Ever tried it?

Of Course....I won't be using body wash again ever. I used the SFIC white base from Soap Goods. After it cured a week or so I was pleased with the lather. Not bubbles but nice creamy lather. However, I think that may have been due to the added fun stuff. I followed an awesome recipe in M&P.

I want to try other bases to compare. BB is on the list.

Thanks for the advice on NG base...

Raven, THANK YOU for the link!

Kitn, I have some FOs for lotion that contain a lot of vanilla in it and some turn the lotion a light tan or offwhite color. While it doesn't bother me personally, nor most of my customers, I do make sure I have it in it when I put stuff in a store on the shelf just in case those customers mind lol

Jeanie/Raven : I do/did order a good bit from BCN and although I haven't ever used the Aloe body wash, I do know there is quite a few discussions on their board, concerning which of THEIR FOs makes it thin, too thin, cloudy, turns colors, thickens it up too much , yadda yadda. Since you are only to talk about their products, I couldn't begin to guess which other suppliers might cause a change in product.

Again, thanks for the link Raven :) Yall have all been so great to me over here, and I do appreciate it more than you know :)

Jeanie/Raven : I do/did order a good bit from BCN and although I haven't ever used the Aloe body wash, I do know there is quite a few discussions on their board, concerning which of THEIR FOs makes it thin, too thin, cloudy, turns colors, thickens it up too much , yadda yadda. Since you are only to talk about their products, I couldn't begin to guess which other suppliers might cause a change in product.

....I meant that in general in that we (I) hear of FOs thinning out shower gel base. No specific supplier in mind.

*hiding*sowwy :) Not sure if it's too much coffee or not enough yet this morning LOL

Is this to my reply? It is so difficult to get the tone of words across often. I meant it as a general answer...nothing specific and not intended to come across crabby or whatever is making you hide.

Come on out from behind the couch...All is OK :cheesy2:

Edited by jeanie353
spelling

It will be a nice change that's for certain! Although , raven is gonna cost me mo money ! I found THE bottles I want at NG LOL . The silver are great, I have them for some things and I like the solid black ones I got from McKern but I just gotta get me some of those smoky black ones !!!

Love those bottles too except I'm trying to figure out how to label them since I use clear gloss w/black lettering. Clear gloss w/white lettering maybe...still in the thinking stages but do want those bottles too.

I've been sitting here thinking about that same thing. I only have an injet and dunno how I'd do the white letting unless I go somewhere and have them printed. I keep saying Im going to get a laser printer but I dont even know where to begin with that. I see all the gorgeous labels people put with the color intense photo quality pictures on them and think how beautiful they are... But back to the clear labels, Im at a loss. ( and Lord knows silk screening is out of the question LOL )

If you only need a little right now I can send you a couple of oz of the WSP one so you can finish your orders & you aren't trying to meet their minimum order BS. PM me if you are interested. As far as the body wash goes, I like the BCN Aloe one but it thinned for me with some of my FO's I LOVE their lotion and sanitizer base tho. I use the EBC body wash base and get GREAT reviews, just don't use the vanilla stabilizer with it....EVERY time I do it changes the colors used. I have 4-5 bottles of bright YELLOW Pink Sugar body wash :) and Black Raspberry Vanilla turned army green instead of purple (but my friend's kids LOVED it as Ogre Sudge!!)

Edited by mparadise

I look at it as helping you help the economy's wheels turn, not costing you mo' money :laugh2::laugh2:

And in regards to some of us getting silly here, all I say is "thank goodness"!

It will be a nice change that's for certain! Although , raven is gonna cost me mo money ! I found THE bottles I want at NG LOL . The silver are great, I have them for some things and I like the solid black ones I got from McKern but I just gotta get me some of those smoky black ones !!!