First customer!

karie

I've finally perfected (or somewhat) my technique, packaging and marketing. Today was my first sale. $12 per pillar (each pillar a pound). I find such peace making candles, it's very tranquil. I don't want to get ahead of myself. I don't have grand plans. I just want to make candles that friends and family can enjoy at a reasonable cost. And that burn better than many of the store bought candles.

The three were Harvest Gathering (cloves), Harvet Moon (from Peak) and Peace (which is a 50/50 patchouli and lavender).

post-14149-139458490095_thumb.jpg

Very sexy candle there !!! lol I do love how you are able to describe the scent on the label. It's "different" that you do that, and I think it's a nice change from "normal" labels. The color is beautiful , makes me want one! And I do love the color of the label and font ( is that a Kraft?) Now, the only thing I'D change if it were me is I'd make sure the plastic was tighter around the candle. Formed to it. In transporting, if the candle shifts around much, I would be concerned it would leave its mark on the plastic so to speak, and it smudge the inside of the plastic. That's just my opinion honey and you do whatever is best for YOU! But I do absolutely love it and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

To be honest I wouldn't want to take it out of the packaging because I love the label so much! :)

I also really like how the photograph in it's setting looks.

I wish we had room on our labels to put a scent description - that's something lately that I've been bugging dh about.

Maybe just pull it tighter when you secure it? that, or, I have some shrink wrap for my baskets and stuff, and I will pull it tight, then LIGHTLY shrink it around whatever, and leave the top poofy.

I have helped a friend of mine who does candles, shrink wrap hers, and if done carefully , it didnt effect the candle in any way.

• 3 weeks later...