OMG - find of all finds!

So I went to our local Grand Union (grocery store) to get mozzerella cheese for lasagna, and what do I find in the seasonal section on the bottom shelf? Two, yes two!!!! Electric turkey fryers with the spout!!!!!!!! Marked down to 49.99 and they scanned at 40.00 on clearance.

To say I am thrilled would be the understatement of the year. The store manager thought I was a nut job. I wanted to hug and kiss him. My husband is even amazed. This store is tiny.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Edited by nursenancy

That's awesome! Yesterday I saw GE Turkey Fryers for sale in Walmart for $38. They don't have visible coils in the bottom, just a smooth black enamel pan, and there's even another removable enamel pan you can put down inside the first pan in case you just want to lift out the turkey and all for easy clean up.

Right - those are the electric roasters.. I have 2 of those, and they do have their uses, but the fryers melt wax in a fraction of the time. The big turkey fryers are getting harder to find and they can be well over 100.00

Oh, so there's a difference between the roaster and the fryer? I had no idea. Thanks for explaining that. Someone tried to sell me a new roaster when I was starting out, but I couldn't afford the $40.00 at the time, so I'm glad I didn't get it.