Is it jojoba or FCO?

dogmom1

I'm embarrassed to admit this happened to me.

I bought both from WSP a while back. Now the labels are totally unreadable. I've learned my lesson for sure, but does anyone know how I can tell which is which? Or is it hopeless?

TIA!

Edited by dogmom1
Correct typo

I'm embarrassed to admit this happened to me.

I bought both from WSP a while back. Now the labels are totally unreadable. I've learned my lesson for sure, but does anyone know how I can tell which is which? Or is it hopeless?

TIA!

I'm very, very new to this but can tell you what mine look like. My jojoba oil is golden in color and the FCO is clear liquid. I'm not sure if they make jojoba in ways that doesn't have color or not. Neither has a smell to me but I just poured some candles. The feel of jojoba is a very smooth oily and the FCO is kinda like dryish oily. If that makes any sense?

HTH

Edited by jeanie353

Hi, hoepfully you can tell them apart by the color,feel as jeanie353 suggested, but there is also a clear jojoba..well the only good thing is that both oils have long shelf lives and are excellent moisturizing oils/wax...so you can use both in about any bath and body or soap recipe.. :)

Jeanie, my jojoba is the clear that Bianca mentioned, but thanks for answering.

Bianca, I was thinking I might just "split the diff" in a couple of formulas I have that already use some of each. Thanks.

Kitn, i think your answer will help me, I'm going to check after supper. I'm hoping I can see the difference. Thank you. Have to tell you after reading all the posts about your scrub recipe I'm finally going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing it!

Jojoba will be a bit waxy as it is more of a wax than a pure oil that soaks in and fco will be very very thin. I just tried out mine and the jojoba wasn't as greasy when I rubbed it on my skin and the fco was greasier as I rubbed it in. Neither had an odor so just go with your gut. Jojoba is pricey these days so hopefully you can figure it out.