The Candle Source wax???

Does anyone know what there wax is ? What blend or number and company makes it? I want to use it but not sure what to tell people it is ( soy, soy blend, ect.) any info would be appreciated. Also do you think wood wicks could be used in this wax successfully? I feel like expermenting!!! LOL!!!! I have not bought this wax but was thinking about it.

Does anyone know what there wax is ? What blend or number and company makes it? I want to use it but not sure what to tell people it is ( soy, soy blend, ect.) any info would be appreciated. Also do you think wood wicks could be used in this wax successfully? I feel like expermenting!!! LOL!!!! I have not bought this wax but was thinking about it.

Here is the link to their waxes:

http://www.thecandlesource.com/id77.html

I believe the one on the left is 100% paraffin. That is the one that does double/triple duty. I've tried that wax and do think it is very nice. I have not tried their soy.

There are others on the board who have more experience with it. They may chime in to answer some of your other questions regarding it and/or wood wicks.

HTH

Long time ago, I gave them a call and spoke with Loren's mother. Asked her about the wax (my very favorite for tarts, votives, etc.) and she said it is a paraffin wax with "some other stuff in it". When I asked if the "other stuff" was soy, she said it contains no soy at all. HTH

Thanks for the info. You would think she would know what's in the wax she sales. Maybe someone will know what blend it is also about wood wicks. Or maybe even a number so I could look up the info on it. I have used straight parrifin and also the one pour type softer waxes, that missy's use to carry believe it was called "one pour". Candle source is drivable for me so I would save on shipping with a wax purchase got to save all we can with this economy.

Thanks again for your info in the above 2 post.

Ok, I looked at there wax and the one on the left is what they use the one with the "other stuff added" just wonder what that might be. I have burned there candles and they do burn good and smell good. Some fragrances are stronger than others which most suppliers are this way. Just wished I knew for sure the exact wax it is after all there is only a few major manufactures of wax. As far as a straight parrifin she doesn't carry that and I have never seen any straight soy candles from there store. I guess I like to know what manufacture makes what waxes these supply stores use so one can know exactly what it is and how to use it and for what applications and wicks would be ok to use. I suppose I could just experiment but that is so expensive, at least I would have a starting point by knowing what the wax is. OK I am done rantting, LOL!!! thanks for listening or reading.

They're not going to tell you, rest assured I have tried, lol. Can't tell just by looking at it. It reminds me of the 4633, but quite a bit harder. When you cut it, the inside reminds me of the coconut flesh (the white part). If you are thinking of using wood wicks,you can use them; I do and they work great. Do all required testing and then some. If you should be so lucky to find out exactly what wax it is, let us know. Good luck!

Ok, I looked at there wax and the one on the left is what they use the one with the "other stuff added" just wonder what that might be. I have burned there candles and they do burn good and smell good. Some fragrances are stronger than others which most suppliers are this way. Just wished I knew for sure the exact wax it is after all there is only a few major manufactures of wax. As far as a straight parrifin she doesn't carry that and I have never seen any straight soy candles from there store. I guess I like to know what manufacture makes what waxes these supply stores use so one can know exactly what it is and how to use it and for what applications and wicks would be ok to use. I suppose I could just experiment but that is so expensive, at least I would have a starting point by knowing what the wax is. OK I am done rantting, LOL!!! thanks for listening or reading.

I have the container blend from TCS. Can't keep it lit with a wick. I tried running it through a filter before mixing the FO/dye and that helped a lot, but still some wick problems with the flame dying out. Its gritty out of the box and whatever the 'other stuff' is, it doesn't like wicks. Might be good for tarts though.

Wow, I am very surprised, Eric. What do you mean it's gritty? Does it have grit on the surface or is it also inside, hence your need to put it through a filter? if so, something must be wrong with that batch! I'd call them asap and let them know. Never noticed anything like that, thank goodness (just wait, next batch I order will be a disaster, lol).

True, it's a bit tricky to wick, but not any trickier than some other waxes, in my experience.

I have the container blend from TCS. Can't keep it lit with a wick. I tried running it through a filter before mixing the FO/dye and that helped a lot, but still some wick problems with the flame dying out. Its gritty out of the box and whatever the 'other stuff' is, it doesn't like wicks. Might be good for tarts though.

I could not wick it either Eric. Thought it was pretty good for tarts though. Shipping and the cost of the wax killed it for me though.

Ravens, its gritty inside and I need to filter it. If I filter it twice through one of those restaurant oil filters it starts to work better with a wick. But its too much work for me so I won't be buying any more.

I'm open to wick suggestions. ECO seems to be the best and CD or HTP next in line. I wouldn't sell any though.

Thanks Raven for the info, I think I might just try a slab and drive a little further south to get my usual wax from steve the candle maker store. You can pick up your order but they do not have a store, so that saves on shipping. Also Eric I do know candle source uses zinc wicks in thier candles they sell in the store, not sure that info is any help to you as some ppl won't use zinc wicks or doesn't like them. And to the poster who uses the wood wicks with the wax from tcs thanks for sharing that info. Now I can experiment and feel like I am not wasting my time or money. If I ever do sell any candles with there wax I won't be able to claim they are soy or even part soy since we don't know what the other stuff is.LOL!!! you can't blame them for keeping a secret and not telling which wax it is. You guys are awesome.