Cans?

Yes, I heard of that stuff, but never used it. I think I saw it at Walmart. You're right, though, containers with seams could very well spring a leak.

Jeanie, have you tried the Modge Podge? Oh, and thanks for the heads up about the Dollar Tree cans. I was going to stop there earlier today, but there were so many people with the frenzied look and 'tude, I thought I'd better head home instead, lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I heard of that stuff, but never used it. I think I saw it at Walmart. You're right, though, containers with seams could very well spring a leak.

Jeanie, have you tried the Modge Podge? Oh, and thanks for the heads up about the Dollar Tree cans. I was going to stop there earlier today, but there were so many people with the frenzied look and 'tude, I thought I'd better head home instead, lol

I have some here that I use to put RE Dazzle Glass on pillars. Did not have it during the summer though. Even if I did, I wouldn't of thought of using it to seal the buckets.

Oh, great, you made pillars using Dazzle Glass and posted no pictures??? Ok, waiting on an explanation here... :waiting:

Well? :waiting::waiting::waiting:

I have some here that I use to put RE Dazzle Glass on pillars. Did not have it during the summer though. Even if I did, I wouldn't of thought of using it to seal the buckets.

Oh, great, you made pillars using Dazzle Glass and posted no pictures??? Ok, waiting on an explanation here... :waiting:

Well? :waiting::waiting::waiting:

I usually don't do that but seeing I'm in a good mood, I might. May as well see if I can get Brandy (dog) to sit nice for the camera for my profile pic while I'm at it.

I'm not laughing at all, Jeanie; you did a great job, I kid you not. I'd probably end up making a big glob of a mess:laugh2: Great for a festive occasion, don't you think?

May I ask if this Dazzle Glass is available in various colors? Could have a lot of fun using it on pillars, making them look like stained glass, perhaps?

Great job, lady! :thumbsup:

I couldn't type on the same reply with the pic....So I put it on a stand for you even Ravens....It was one of my early ones....don't laugh too hard :)

Its more the glitter that is available in colors. That is clear dazzle with emerald glitter but its really hard to get it on even. Dazzle glass does have a reddish color called Garnet. I've not bought that. The others are a gold and different clear or shiny types. One sec...I'll get you the link seeing as though I can't describe it:

Here ya go

http://rusticescentuals.com/Aurora-Sparkles-Dazzle-Dust/

I did make a big mess. I put this stuff down on wax paper and had glitter all over me. The glitter is so fine it floats everywhere. Its especially hard to mix with the Dazzle Glass evenly. I ended up putting it in a baggie to mix, putting down a layer on the wax paper, and rolling the pillars over it. This is the last one I have and just keep in the cabinet..not sure why. I wouldn't put this particular one out for display.. but they would be beautiful for the holidays....or anytime actually.

I want to do pure white ones one of these days.

Edited by jeanie353

Oh yes!! I think pure white ones would look so elegant!

I did make a big mess. I put this stuff down on wax paper and had glitter all over me. The glitter is so fine it floats everywhere. Its especially hard to mix with the Dazzle Glass evenly. I ended up putting it in a baggie to mix, putting down a layer on the wax paper, and rolling the pillars over it. This is the last one I have and just keep in the cabinet..not sure why. I wouldn't put this particular one out for display.. but they would be beautiful for the holidays....or anytime actually.

I want to do pure white ones one of these days.

That is Beautiful! I don't see Brandy???? The name Modge Podge brought back so many memories. Is that the stuff you could use to coat those wooden handbags from the 60's after putting pics on them? CRS!:laugh2:

I put Brandy back up. It isn't one of her better pics so I took it down last night but I'll leave her up utill I get a better one. ummmm....not so sure about Modge Podge and wooden purses....maybe someone will chime in on that. I'd heard of it years ago but never knew what it was used for until the DG thing came up. It was really easy to work with. Unlike my glitter fiasco....

That is Beautiful! I don't see Brandy???? The name Modge Podge brought back so many memories. Is that the stuff you could use to coat those wooden handbags from the 60's after putting pics on them? CRS!:laugh2:

It is the decoupaging "paste" that was used for those purses indeed!

Ravens...I only tested the citronella in the paint cans...didn't pour any to sell. I had glazed pottery containers from the old Missy's Candles that had a woodsy theme on them and I poured citronella in those and took to a couple of shows. I took 6 and they all sold. I poured 3 in the paint cans and burned them outside in our pool area.

Edited by Maggie

Thanks, Maggie. Now to find a citronella that really smells like citronella!

Ravens...I only tested the citronella in the paint cans...didn't pour any to sell. I had glazed pottery containers from the old Missy's Candles that had a woodsy theme on them and I poured citronella in those and took to a couple of shows. I took 6 and they all sold. I poured 3 in the paint cans and burned them outside in our pool area.

May I ask how much citronella FO you added to your wax? Oh, and would help to know which wax you used? Thanks, Jeanie!

NG smells like it IMO...May want to max out scent. I didn't and would of liked them stronger. They did seem to work though.

May I ask how much citronella FO you added to your wax? Oh, and would help to know which wax you used? Thanks, Jeanie!

Don't remember the wax. I do remember looking for the cheapest one that had additives and did buy it at BCN to get it here faster & cheaper. I used 1.0 oz pp.

Any container with a seam will potentially leak.

Modge Podge.

Modge Podge is flammable. I coated a couple tin cans to make bug candles with. I was testing them on my front porch. Went inside to check on dinner and my daughter yelled the porch was on fire! It wasn't, thank God! BUT The candle looked like a fire bomb with 2 foot high flames. Apparently a large moth went for a swim between the wick and side if the bucket. He caught fire and kept the flame on the side long enough for the Modge Podge to catch. I never would have thought of this happening! Needless to say, I don't make or sell anything with the coating on the inside. Live and learn... and test :o/