Cans?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 5 years ago I bought NEW metal paint cans with lids at Lowes. Those worked fine for me and never got too hot. Anyone remember pouring pillar candles in empty orange juice cans? The companies don't use metal cans anymore. When my husband I were first married he made several of them...I just remembered this. lol Anyway...he knew nothing about pouring candles but I'll be darn...they burned great. The wax and wicks came from a kit that my nephew bought for me for Christmas when he was about 8 years old. He's 48 years old now.

That's neat! Anything you have to do to the can (besides removing paint residue, lol) to prep it? And you're talking about the quart cans, right? Thanks!

I currently sell the paint cans and have for about 5 years now! I love them and they burn great <3

Yes I use the quart cans. I get them from an automotive place in FL. There is no coatings of any kind. (They are brand new) I just slap a cute label on them and they are ready to go. I double wick and hey burn great! They get warm but not hot by any means. No more than any other jar, etc. I have a label I designed for a man can too being that they are in the paint cans :-)

Do you have any pics to share?

Yes I use the quart cans. I get them from an automotive place in FL. There is no coatings of any kind. (They are brand new) I just slap a cute label on them and they are ready to go. I double wick and hey burn great! They get warm but not hot by any means. No more than any other jar, etc. I have a label I designed for a man can too being that they are in the paint cans :-)

:yay:Thank you. Those are so neat, Candy! Thank you for sharing. Will head to the hardware store in the next few hours; just have to try now, ya know.... give myself a wicking headache, LOL

Now I am going to have to go to Menards or HD to see if they carry empty ones so I can try it too. My pile of To Do things is getting quite large.

Let us know, please. I called Lowe's and asked about it, and whoever answered the phone didn't seem to understand what I'm looking for. Geez, it's simple, lady; I want to know if you sell empty paint cans. Not surprised; a trip/phone call to Lowe's nearly always causes nothing but frustration, lol. Yet there I must go, lol.

Now I am going to have to go to Menards or HD to see if they carry empty ones so I can try it too. My pile of To Do things is getting quite large.

Let us know, please. I called Lowe's and asked about it, and whoever answered the phone didn't seem to understand what I'm looking for. Geez, it's simple, lady; I want to know if you sell empty paint cans. Not surprised; a trip/phone call to Lowe's nearly always causes nothing but frustration, lol. Yet there I must go, lol.

Will do

Menards carries them in qt size in both silver and black for $2.97 each.

I didn't buy the quart size at Lowes...bought the pints with lids. It's been several years so I couldn't tell you where exactly in the store that I found them. MAYBE in the paint, brushes and painting supplies aisle. I was going to use them for outdoor citronella candles. I only tested in them and never poured any to sell. Oh...and I think I have smaller than the pint size too. One of the suppliers had those on their website...there is no way I could remember who it was.

I didn't buy the quart size at Lowes...bought the pints with lids. It's been several years so I couldn't tell you where exactly in the store that I found them. MAYBE in the paint, brushes and painting supplies aisle. I was going to use them for outdoor citronella candles. I only tested in them and never poured any to sell. Oh...and I think I have smaller than the pint size too. One of the suppliers had those on their website...there is no way I could remember who it was.

I'll check on the pint size or ask someone to do it for me. Will post if I find them.

Well, just my luck :angry2: They had the area cordoned off, taking their sweet time, so I finally left.

What a great idea to use them as citronella candles. Did they sell well?

Speaking of citronella candles....I wouldn't advise buying white or silver buckets from the dollar store. Did it last year and they leaked. Burned perfectly fine but had a ring of wax on the bottom after pouring.