Crumble Cake Candle (Pic Intense)

CandleRon

I got the idea from reading Hotmama2700's threat with whipped wax (props for inspiration) I liked the look of the candles, was going to ask questions, but tried instead. Here is what I came up with....

post-14001-139458489126_thumb.jpg

I used 2 different colours, the first pile is already done, broke camera out too late :)

melt and pour your wax into cookie sheets, let cool, when warm to the touch,

post-14001-139458489149_thumb.jpg

I used a fork and went one way, then crossed each section, back and forth....

post-14001-13945848915_thumb.jpg

I kept repeating the process and moving the entire pile around as I went....

post-14001-139458489152_thumb.jpg

It was a long go at it, but if you persist through the pain (lol) you end up....

post-14001-139458489156_thumb.jpg

with a big pile of crumble, that is sort of rounded from all the moving around...pull it out of both cookie sheets....

post-14001-139458489158_thumb.jpg

you end up with 2 piles of small rounded pellets :) get 2 good sized jars and fill, like this...

post-14001-139458489159_thumb.jpg

Put out to display for all to see and smell....now I just used recycled wax for this, I had white, blue and brown candles...I just wish the crust per say was a bit more on the brown/golden side, will change this for next time. You can make any colour to match your pie/cake. Enjoy! :)

That looks Great Ron but I'm afraid I don't want to spend that much time achieveing that affect :laugh2: I'm going to try using a grater & see how that comes out.

Thanks ladysj, total process time was about an hour, from melting to addind to the jars. I thought about a grater and a small processor. Maybe next time, let me know how the grater works out...so we can have multiple choices :)

You are wicking this? I am concerned at how well such coarse pieces with so much air space between them would burn, given that when they melt the volume would be significantly reduced, allowing too much wick to be exposed... have you tested these crumble candles all the way to the bitter end?

You are wicking this? I am concerned at how well such coarse pieces with so much air space between them would burn, given that when they melt the volume would be significantly reduced, allowing too much wick to be exposed... have you tested these crumble candles all the way to the bitter end?
They are not wicked yet, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use on warmer or wick them. If I do decide to wick them Stella, you can rest assure that they will be tested a re-tested before they go to market.... :)

I like the idea of the crumbles being used for wickless

I think that's a grand idea, especially with a little scoop. One could then mix scents like with fancy jelly belly candies... 2 scoops Blueberry + 1 scoop of nut bread = Blueberry Muffins sort of thing. People like novelty items like that.

I think that's a grand idea, especially with a little scoop. One could then mix scents like with fancy jelly belly candies... 2 scoops Blueberry + 1 scoop of nut bread = Blueberry Muffins sort of thing. People like novelty items like that.

Love the idea of mixing to come up with a different recipe....great post Stella....

That is exactly how I sell my melts. I make my tart wax and let it set up until it's "whippable" then I sell it in chunks by the pound, they can mix scents for their pound. I mix them too, as one scent starts to fade, I pop in a little of this or that in my melter