Dippers Paradise

CandleRon

As I have been reading through the posts, it seems alot are into dipping things for room/air fresheners/themed decor. Lets see what you are all into dipping now....so far I have found:

Stuffed Animals

Toilet Paper

Paper Towels

Pine Cones

Wash Clothes

Hand Towels

Rag Balls

Is there anything that you dip that is not in the list, pls add. Let's see how many we can get, what ideas are floating around out there?? Who is dipping what? and how well do they sell in your area?

added: Post Pics if you have them....

Edited by CandleRon
missed a line

When dipping, do you use more FO than you would for a candle or tart? How long does a dipped bear or roll of toilet paper throw scent? Am I right that it is intended to only scent smaller rooms?

I do not use more FO. I have one in my upstairs bathroom that is about 3 months old - I can still detect the smell, but it's not terribly strong so next time I'm blow drying my hair I'll hit it a little as it seems to "refresh" the throw.

When dipping, do you use more FO than you would for a candle or tart? How long does a dipped bear or roll of toilet paper throw scent? Am I right that it is intended to only scent smaller rooms?
I use about the same FO as for tarts as well, I hear a couple of months and you hit them with a blowdryer to refreshen the scent, and made for small to medium sized rooms...HTH

I use about an ounce of FO per bear, just so the fabric on the nose and paws aren't soaked with oil. After I scent them, I put them in a cello bag and tie it shut. I have a couple scented bears that were scented back in June and are still very fragrant.

So do you just inject the nose and the paws?

I'll inject the arms, the legs, the head and the belly area. You have to use bears or critters stuffed with poly-fiber, not the beads. Since C&S is so close to where I live, I get my bears from them. But I have ordered bears from Bitter Creek before.

Trying out the dipped TP for a craft show on Saturday.

Apple Pie (red ribbon) and Clean Cotton (white ribbon)

I packaged them in 4x4 clear boxes and will sell them with a rustic tins that I got from C&S.

Those look fantabulous PAgirl89, have not tried those, yet....lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22934[/ATTACH]

I packaged them in 4x4 clear boxes and will sell them with a rustic tins that I got from C&S.

Hey PAgirl89, was just wondering how your TP went at your craftshow on Sat. ? Did the TP go over well ?

So do you keep these items in a basket on your commode? I made scented pine cones last Christmas with spices and EO's, The fragrance didn't throw very well so love the idea of dipping. Can't wait to try it out. I never have seen the TP ones may have to try that out too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22934[/ATTACH]

Hi PAGirl!

I was wondering where you get your clear plastic boxes? If you don't mind sharing..:) Your Tp looks very appealing! :P

So do you keep these items in a basket on your commode? I made scented pine cones last Christmas with spices and EO's, The fragrance didn't throw very well so love the idea of dipping. Can't wait to try it out. I never have seen the TP ones may have to try that out too.

I got some rustic plates from C&S to sell with some of my wax dipped items. They'll need to sit on something to protect to the surface they'll be sitting on. The rustic plates add as a decorative accent too.

Ok , I have no clue if this will work or not, if it doesn't, hopefully I can delete the post and figure it out!

Here are a couple of the things I did last year ( I dip a LOT of stuff ). Wish I had some updated pics of what I did this fall but the camera went south on me and I didn't get any new new ones taken.

Crosses fingers this works.

post-14200-139458490068_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458490072_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458490076_thumb.jpg

post-14200-13945849008_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458490084_thumb.jpg