Supplier question

ksranch

Okay, I've been reading up on the MP and got a base from Peak. But after reading the fabulous threads with recipes to make it even better I need some more stuff. My question is, is there a supplier that has the unscented undyed liquid soap? I looked at three that were recommended and can find the butters and oils... but I live out in the country and it would be much easier to order it than go to the big town malls to find a health store that might have it. Maybe I'm missing it, or they call it something else? Is bath "gel" base the same? TIA

I like the liquid soap from WSP. Its super lathery and works as liquid hand and body soap and bubble bath too. It makes the bubble bath super moisturizing and its gentle on my skin. Thats why I like it so much. It doesn't take much to color or scent either if you want to use them.

I buy my unscented liquid soap from Amazon. I buy it in the big Dr. Bronner's 32oz size bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bronner-Organic-Unscented-Baby-Mild/dp/B000HK1OOY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1321215140&sr=8-6

PAgirl89.......do you find you need to dilute the Dr. Bonner's you have on the link? I just bought a large 32 oz size of 18-in-one in lavender scent. I read somewhere that someone went to use it on their skin undiluted and it burned their skin a bit. I notice your link is for the very mild, baby type. Just thought you may know something about the 18-in-one since I can't find any info on it regarding dilution. The bottle says nothing either. TIA

Edited by jeanie353

I love Dr. Bronner's liquid soap! Have been using it since my freshman year of college which was... 41 years ago!!!!! OMG!!! *faint* Wasn't that just before the wheel was invented? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Dr. Bronner was still alive & had hair...:tiptoe:

This caused me to take a trip to their website and I read the "Timeline" of their family's history of soapmaking....FASCINATING!!

http://www.drbronner.com/timeline.html

Okay - I placed my first order with WSP - got the liquid soap, shea butter, white MP base, coconut oil.... the rest I can find at the local store. One question for you experts though - olive oil is olive oil, right? As in, I can use what's in my cabinet for cooking??? DH is SO confused that I am going down this road :laugh2:he doesn't get why I need another addiction.. oh well!!

Is there a health food store anywhere near you? I went in to mine today to have a look at their EOs & I found darn near everything I just ordered from Elements, lol. (not counting the m/p bases). A lot of oils, butters, clay, EOs..

Edited by Beth

olive oil is olive oil, right?
Well, it IS... but it's not.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

READ the ingredients and make SURE it's 100% OO - some is a blend. The greener stuff will (surprise!) slightly color your soap. The odor makes a difference to some folks. So keep those things in mind; otherwise, cheap is good.

CO is another example. If I am cooking, I want unrefined, expeller pressed, organic CO that smells & tastes like coconut. BUT if I am making soap, a wash-off product, I am likely to use the refined, deodorized non-organic stuff that's less expensive. If I am making lotion, I might want a better grade. If I am making a butter, I might use another grade from what I use in lotions and soap.

Beth - not near me - we are out in the boondocks, heck the whole town went crazy when we got a Walmart a few years ago.. And I only go to the 'big' town maybe once a month.. still, would be worth it if I could find the stuff, but I hate malls almost as much as coyotes!

Stella - I got the CO from WSP so hopefully it's in line, but will remember to consider a better one IF I go to lotions - I'll check the OO I have and compare with the ones sold online and see.

Thanks!! This is totally new to me, so all input is much appreciated!! SO different than candles (my comfort zone) !! :yes:

How are the costs from the health food stores?

I couldn't really tell what all the prices were. It was all up on shelves behind the counter with the EOs. Nice to know it's there if I need it in a pinch though. And w/o shipping costs. I did pick up a little bottle of veg. glycerin that I couldn't find on Elements.