From a show we did a couple of weeks ago.

RichardLOZ

Very nice display. The only thing I would do differently is try and raise up the can candles a couple of inches or so. So they don't get lost behind all of the jar candles. Really good idea with the tarts!! I hate packaging them individually!

The display is usually a little different to the way it was here. There are normally 4 crates on the bottom row, with 2 stacked on top. Tins are then usually in the top crates which of course does raise them up and put them well into view. We did it differently here as the tables were quite large and it would have looked strange the other way we do it.

The melts work well like this also. These are roughly half sized melts, approximately 1/2 oz each which we sell either individually or in a tin tie window bag at a better rate. We still do the full 1 oz melts, but only wholesale now as shrink wrapping is a total PITA....LOL

Cheers

Richard

The display is usually a little different to the way it was here. There are normally 4 crates on the bottom row, with 2 stacked on top. Tins are then usually in the top crates which of course does raise them up and put them well into view. We did it differently here as the tables were quite large and it would have looked strange the other way we do it.

The melts work well like this also. These are roughly half sized melts, approximately 1/2 oz each which we sell either individually or in a tin tie window bag at a better rate. We still do the full 1 oz melts, but only wholesale now as shrink wrapping is a total PITA....LOL

Cheers

Richard

Wow! I thought those tarts were 1oz! They look it. lol. When customers want a variety of scents, how do you package them? Are they all in one bag and how do they know what scents to reorder? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm wanting to display all one scent in cute baskets(unwrapped) I found but I don't know how to be sure the customer knows what scent they like if it isn't labeled individually...Anything to avoid that! lol

Oceangazer, yes, they pick their combinations and it all goes in one bag. That is the only tricky part..... This morning actually I have a customer dropping by to pick up a bag of "those red melts that smelled like cinnamon". Luckily we only have ONE red melt that smells of cinnamon amongst the lot.

My advice would be to pick your scents and colours carefully if you go the pick and mix path. :)

Oceangazer, yes, they pick their combinations and it all goes in one bag. That is the only tricky part..... This morning actually I have a customer dropping by to pick up a bag of "those red melts that smelled like cinnamon". Luckily we only have ONE red melt that smells of cinnamon amongst the lot.

My advice would be to pick your scents and colours carefully if you go the pick and mix path. :)

Hmmm you know what I just thought of!! Why not print out a list of tart scents/and their colors that you are offering and make sure they get one in their tart bag. Then I think there would be less confusion for both the seller and buyer!! Make them smaller. Maybe 4 on an 8x11 sheet and cut them...idk just trying to trouble shoot LOL because I really want to sell them the same way.

Yes, that could work. Only thing with us though is we didn't do what I advised you in my last post to do, lol! So, as a result we have quite a few scents that are the same colour!

I must say though that the glass jars work really well because they serve as storage for the melts (all sealed up) and they attract attention at shows and markets - the kids especially think they are some sort of candy in a jar so mothers go following their kids right to our stall.

He he...good strategy really!

Yes, that could work. Only thing with us though is we didn't do what I advised you in my last post to do, lol! So, as a result we have quite a few scents that are the same colour!

I must say though that the glass jars work really well because they serve as storage for the melts (all sealed up) and they attract attention at shows and markets - the kids especially think they are some sort of candy in a jar so mothers go following their kids right to our stall.

He he...good strategy really!

LOL@ the colors! The glass jars are a better idea, to keep them fresh and the scent in. I'm going to ditch the basket idea, because they won't be wrapped. I guess I will look around from nice large jars and see what I can come up with. Really concentrating on soaps right now. But with tarts I would like to offer the warmers too! My goal is to phase out my candles. :)