Scale Broke

Decent prices and nearly any kind & size of scale imaginable here:

http://www.oldwillknott.com/

I have the one below:

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-ultraship55.aspx

I love the detachable front and got an AC adapter to go with it to save on batteries. I can use it for both weighing candle ingredients, etc. AND for calculating weight for shipping, even larger boxes.

Lone Star has these for a couple dollars less...

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlemakingequipment_digital-scale-%2855-pound%29.html

Thanks for the responses! I think I like to looks of the ultra scale! The escali 'tray' looks a little too small, I think my bowl base might be bigger than it ...

Do you have the stainlesss steel tray accessory? If you do, is it like a tray with sides that go up, or more like a cover that turns down to cover the plastic?

My scale had tare, hold and turn off auto off too ... looking perfect! Is the ultra scale a battery hog? I have had my scale for 9 years, and I don't remember ever changing the batteries ... I'm sure I did, it just means its not often!

With a new scale, I might take some measure to keep it clean! Is it really accurate for the small stuff since it goes to 55 lbs? It says accuracy in 2 grams ...

Not liking my KD700. I can't make the auto-shut off work, the small gunk shield slides off, (it is better then not having one at all) the detachable gunk shield got in the way, detached it. I needed it to go to 0.01 grams. My fault on the grams, I was looking at the picture with ozs showing when I ordered. Other then that its a big improvement on the one from walmart & the post office.

I have 2 of the KD8000. Love them!! I never used the 7000 so not sure how much difference the 2 are. I like that it has other weighing modes (say lbs and ounces) which makes figuring shipping costs a breeze. I know of hand it weighs in grams, ounces, lbs, lbs and ounces, kilograms. I got mine from Amazon with free shipping. It came out cheaper that way than buying it from the website you mentioned with shipping. It does not come with an AC adapter so you'll need to buy one if you want to use it aside from batteries. Be careful though as not as adapter will fit. I got my AC adapter from Brick Oven Baker.

I have been using my weight watchers scale! Is that really bad? I use a postal scale to mail my packages out ...

I didn't realize that .1 resolution in oz wasn't enough ... and I pour all my wax and fo in oz, but i will be switching to grams for accuracy ...

i had a batch come out last week all out of wack before i realized my scale was mal functioning ...

is My Weight the brand name of the scales at old will knots place? if i want to look for them on amazon?

I just peeked at americanweigh.com ... little overwhelming ... have to look closer longer

I have been using my weight watchers scale! Is that really bad? I use a postal scale to mail my packages out ...

I didn't realize that .1 resolution in oz wasn't enough ... and I pour all my wax and fo in oz, but i will be switching to grams for accuracy ...

i had a batch come out last week all out of wack before i realized my scale was mal functioning ...

is My Weight the brand name of the scales at old will knots place? if i want to look for them on amazon?

I just peeked at americanweigh.com ... little overwhelming ... have to look closer longer

You should be able to just do a search on Amazon for the KD7000 or KD8000. I think I did a google search for the KD8000 and Amazon was one that popped up. I checked several places and added in shipping to see which place was better for me to buy from. With the free shipping Amazon won!!