Hurricane Shells

lokysnommis

Does anyone here make hurricane shells? I thought I would try to ask again. I make them, but I've had a lot of people ask if I can paint or stencil things on the outside of the shell. I know that it's possible, but I'm not sure what products are best for doing so? Any help would be appreciated!

I started to make these before I had to dismantle my man cave (long story). The tutorial that Vickie posted is great to try. I tried to embed stuff but I can't get a clear enough wax to make it worth while so anything that you embed should be artistically designed to merely shadow or block light, not anything complex that you plan on making visible for color and depth, just shadow and only very light color. Outside you can decal and then glaze for more vibrant detail.

• 4 weeks later...

We have done a lot of things with photos, but nothing with candles. I have some water -slide decal paper this paper is used in a ink jet printers but it must be sprayed after printing after that you cut your image it out put it in water and slide the the image off and place on the candle. keep in mind I have never done this but when I am a little better ( just got out of the hospital) Iwill try is and post here and on the candle makers social network I am installing on one of my internet servers. it will be free for all of you to join

to find out more about the water - slide decal paper you can go to http://www.papilio.com/inkjet%20waterslide%20decal%20transfer%20paper%20media.html

Thanks

Bobbyd