Fundraiser Yikes!

SuzyK

I have a friend who works for our local YMCA and she is asking for fundraising information from me.

I have downloaded the forms from Candle Cauldron but for some reason I am stuck on what info to send her.

I do wax melts/tarts.

Here is what I'm thinking:

-40% of sales to the Y

-Up my prices a bit. My 6 cavity clams normally sell for $4 and change that to $5.

My 2 oz portion cups sell for $1.75, change that to $2.25?

-I am also thinking of just having the clamshells available.

-6 to 8 scents available

-samples of each scent to participants?

What am I missing? Does that sound good? I am nervous and excited about this possibility so I don't want to blow it!

Send her what you posted above plus the scent list, some samples and explain that those selling will get samples like you sent. I would also suggest stating the prices of the items and the percentage that they will get. A sample order form, tally sheet,if your going to bag the orders yourself or will they have to, etc... Oh and how long it will take you to deliver the items. Also I would just use the clamshells and use the portion cups as sample scents to each seller.

Thanks! That helps a lot. Some of it really depends on how many participants are involved. The portion cups sell way better than the clamshells but I think for a fundraiser it is better to just do the clamshells. Unless I have them in sets of 10 or something.

IMO I think that it can be a bit costly to give samples of every scent (6) to everyone selling depending on the number of ppl involved. What I have done in the past was add a description sheet of each fragrance to my order forms. When ppl are doing fundraisers ppl will buy just to be supportive. Most probably want take the time to take the samples with them and if they are like me when my son does a FR for school I usually just call and take orders. Think I would save my supplies HTH.:smiley2:

I agree about the samples. If you only had a few selling then it might not be so bad, but, depending on the group selling it can be costly to give each person a sample of each scent. I have a cheerleading group that I do fundraisers for and they typically have about 80 girls selling. If you had a group like that you'd give out 480 samples if you did 6 scents. That would be alot of time in making those samples not to mention the supplies you'd use. I add scent descriptions to my brochures for each scent so they have a general idea of what the scent is like. Some are pretty explanatory by just the name. Once you get into doing the free samples it would be expected from then on. I have many fundraisers that have come from doing the cheerleading one and if they knew you did that, every group that came from the original fundraiser would want or expect them.

Thanks all for the information! I won't do the samples. It does sound like a lot and I'm not sure how many are participating at this point. It could be a lot. I sent her the information now I just wait to hear from the Athletic Director.

Good luck to you! I agree that samples are not necessary. I never get a popcorn sample, just a description. Most people are just buying to help out the team/ class anyway, not really looking for a great product or a great deal. Some do tend to buy the cheaper items so make sure you account for that too.