My latest candle - thoughts?

That has not been my experience. I regularly single wick soy wax candles over 3-4" and I find them to burn quite well when properly wicked, same as any other candle. Maybe the wick company you spoke with doesn't like to have to stock larger wick sizes...

Thanks Stella...I didn't know that:smiley2:. So for the size that she is using that square what size wick would you recommend for a starting point using 1 CD wick? Would you use a CD 12? Thanks much, Ellen

I know candle burn charts can be hard to interpret based on what wax they used in the study and how it was run but it still is worth knowing. Testing in your system is still the only way to know for sure. Here is some interesting data on CD wicks:

Wick ......................Rate of consumption...........Flame Height.......Pool Diameter

Stabilo- 10................0.23.................................1.94..................1.93

Stabilo - 12................0.24.................................2.39..................1.93

Stabilo - 14................0.22.................................2.02...................2.00

In this study the CD-12 consumed more wax than either the CD-10 or 14 and produced a higher flame, does this mean that it is a cooler wick than a CD-10 (same sized melt pool). The CD-14 looks to be a hotter wick that either the 10 or the 12 even though it has a lower ROC.

Just food for thought, one has to see how each wick works in their system.

Edited by rjdaines