Ky Para-Soy Tart Wax Question

Soleil

Wow that's a long title.

Anyways, I have recently started using Ky's tart wax and I absolutely love it. It throws better than anything I had previously experimented with...

However... I have a feeling that I'm not doing something 100% right. I've read that soy, well really most waxes, should be cured a certain amount of time before burned to ensure the best possible throw. Mine do have a great throw, but I have notice them... wearing off after 3-4 days---is that normal (2-3 cubes typically)?

So how long does Ky Para-Soy need (in your opinion) to cure to ensure its' best throw?

Also, any other tips with using that wax? I'd love to have some expert opinions from those that use it..

Thanks!

I'm trying to get everything I need to know all written down/typed up because I finally got my new house which means I can dedicate my entire back room to setting up a place to make tarts and candles.. finally!

I don't use that wax but that's really good for that amount of cubes. If my FO's don't throw for that long I don't carry them, my customers love that mine last way longer than name brand companies that usually only last for 8 hrs.. Keep testing your wax, let your tarts cure for a day, then 2, 3, and 4 and compare your results that's how you'll know how long they have to cure.

Your best bet is to look up your wax in the search bar, I know that there are others that have used this wax and you might find some great info by doing that.

It's important to measure "throw" time in terms of hours. If two cubes are throwing for 3 days straight (some do leave their melters on 24/7), that is beyond fabulous. If you are melting them for 4 hours a day, for three days (12 hours total) that is very good. Anything beyond 12 hours of good throw is bonus. Many of my tarts do throw for longer than 12 but I advertise as 12 hours being the expectation with an 18 watt electric warmer plate melter (my testers use this). I have some scent that will not throw for 12 and I note that in the scent description. I have no idea if customers are using a tea light melter which is hotter than let's say a Jackel 12 watt electric melter. Knowing the melter type helps to more accurately determine you throw time. Hotter melter will throw stronger but for less time.

It's important to measure "throw" time in terms of hours. If two cubes are throwing for 3 days straight (some do leave their melters on 24/7), that is beyond fabulous. If you are melting them for 4 hours a day, for three days (12 hours total) that is very good. Anything beyond 12 hours of good throw is bonus. Many of my tarts do throw for longer than 12 but I advertise as 12 hours being the expectation with an 18 watt electric warmer plate melter (my testers use this). I have some scent that will not throw for 12 and I note that in the scent description. I have no idea if customers are using a tea light melter which is hotter than let's say a Jackel 12 watt electric melter. Knowing the melter type helps to more accurately determine you throw time. Hotter melter will throw stronger but for less time.

Very helpful to know! I don't leave mine on 24/7... I find my bulbs burn out faster. The warmer I use is the "Candle Warmer Etc." brand but I'm not sure of the light wattage.

Either way, I burn mine typically from.. 4-7 hours a day nearly every day of the week when I remember to turn it on. I've learned though that even though I can't smell it (got used to it) they are still throwing strong. My family came over today and said that's all they could smell. 3 cubes from Thursday to Sunday and it's still throwing strongly to others!