Tea Light Flame Height

What is the normal height you are looking for in tea lights. I have two I'm testing right now. The Dreaded Pumpkin Souffle from CS and Clean Cotton, also from CS.

With the PS I have tested Numerous wicks. All of the tl sizes...None work...all die out and yes I have cut back the load. I'm testing CD's. Started with 4...died, 5 dim, Very dim. Wouldn't melt a tart well. CD 6, dim...1/4" flame all the way down. Now with a CD 7 SAME thing...This is a JJ Container wick. I hate this fo!!

CC is doing very well with normal TL wicks. Testing the 21 now. The height is 1/2".

What is the height you are looking for with your t-lights? I do not like the 1/4" and dimness. That isn't a t-light functioning to me. Help please...oh I'm using 6006 and 1ozpp. Less with PS.

Plus to ADD insult to injury, the TL 21's are SMALLER than the 18's!! I called CS about it and they said it was normal. What??? Okay so if the 18 is too small and 25 too big, I'm SOOL and have to wick large because I don't do dim flames!! So instead of wicking with the 18's and it's a dim flame I have to put up with a hotter burn because I can't have the perfect wick, Because the 21's are NOT an in between wick!! They are Smaller than the 18's...I've tested and tested. NOW, JFYI...AH/RE tealight wicks 28z are duds!! They fizzled out almost as soon as they were lit.

I'm having the time of my life, let me tell you!! Grrrr!!

The Dreaded Pumpkin Souffle from CS
ROTFLMAO - you cracked me up, oceangazer!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

As for the question about flame height - I don't know what the convention is for tealights (if any), but I don't like to see more than 3/4" because of the size of the candle. Any higher than that and the candle will be burned out quickly and produce a lot of heat on its way...

As for the question about flame height - I don't know what the convention is for tealights (if any), but I don't like to see more than 3/4" because of the size of the candle. Any higher than that and the candle will be burned out quickly and produce a lot of heat on its way...

LOL!! This fo is going to send me to the funny farm. But I have a friend that Loves tea lights. She asked me if I made them and stupid me Knowing she loves PS said yes!!

Well she wants to buy them...by the dozens. She knows I am testing them. I tested this fo 10 straight hours today in tea lights alone. Yesterday I tested them about 4-5 hours and tomorrow is another day waiting. Just poured more.

Maybe I will get half my testing money back with her order, but it's worth it, if I can get it right.

She would like them Weds night or Thurs. I am even adding more paraffin to the mix to help the burn. Also doing custom wick assemblies. Did I say I Hate this FO??

I'm trying to keep the flame at around 1/2". It's hard to say how high it needs to be because I know she has various warmers. She also has a friend that wanted Clean Cotton.

No problem...took me two hours to find the wick for those tea lights. I have cut back on the fo, but she really wants them to throw...so ahhhkkkkkk!!!

Because I have a two day show this coming weekend and have More Christmas testers to burn, I will find the best wick I can for the tea lights by Tues and call it done.

I had originally posted the height question because I never buy tea lights. I have a 2 piece electric warmer. LOL!!!

Some burns the wick is dim and some burns it gets hot. I'm always looking at them...picking them up or making sure I can. I am Not trimming them. Um hello...I have a show to do...don't have to time obsess over tea lights. LOL.

Sigh...live and learn and STOP trying to Please everyone. I can't say no and That is what puts me under. Glad I made ya laugh Stella. :))

Oh and did I tell you that I'm testing the 4oz tin with 6006 from CS with PS and the ECO 6 DIES out!!! Can you imagine???? Also, CD 10 dead at 1oz pp.

I like tealights. I use the plastic ones that are about a half inch deep. Yes the TL wicks are tempermental. HTP-13 are the best but good luck finding them. Nobody sells the raw wick in that size. I use TL 15 or 21, that's it. My HTP-13 are about gone.

What wax are you using? If the TL wicks aren't working for you and you have to go above the TL 15, my bet is on the wax type, not the FO.

Thanks for the suggestion, I found this site: www.palmbeachcandles.com PalmBeach Candles & supplies

I like tealights. I use the plastic ones that are about a half inch deep. Yes the TL wicks are tempermental. HTP-13 are the best but good luck finding them. Nobody sells the raw wick in that size. I use TL 15 or 21, that's it. My HTP-13 are about gone.

What wax are you using? If the TL wicks aren't working for you and you have to go above the TL 15, my bet is on the wax type, not the FO.

KoalaGirl, yeah, I do like that. We can't buy spools in the US of that size. Palmbeachcandles I think is the only one that has the HTP 13's and they are pre-tabbed.

Can I buy direct or can I trade you or something? I'd like to get my hands on a few spools.

I was looking at the OP and realized the question was about FH for tealights. The FH will be pretty small - less than a half inch. I use the same burn test - barely wall to wall melt pool and touchable container. The plastic will melt if the FH is too tall. I get a 7 hour burn out of my tealights. There was a company that had to recall 7 million tealights because a customer reported one that melted the plastic. Ugh.

I also realized you did say what wax -6006. I used that a bit but not for tealights. I've used harmony or J50 sometimes but more often I use harder wax that has container properties like 4786.

Edited by EricofAZ

Hi Erico, if you want them, I will get them on my next order {soon} since I dont think they post to USA. I checked out the postage rates and they are not cheap! Regular post is $24 up to 750gr weight. Registered padded post bag is $22.35 up to 500gr or $35.85 up to one kilo. I have no idea how much each spool weighs and how many you could get in the packs but I'll email them and ask. Here's the link.

www.naturalcandlesupply.com.au

It sounds like you are looking for raw wick in HTP 13? Is that the same as TL13 from CS? They are tabbed tho'. I'm used to using HTP 31 but those did not work for the tea lights I'm working on so I got some of the TL type in 13,15, 21 & some small zinc. Turns out LX 10 & CSN 9 worked. Didn't seem they would even be in the ballpark when I first started.

Edited by jeanie353

Wow, I had no idea something so light would cost that much to ship to the US. Maybe I'll wait until the company gets a cheap shipping thing going in the US. They have an ebay store starting up but right now nothing on it.

Jeanie, the HTP and TL are very different. I have a bunch of TL's. I can stay with the pre-made ones from that florida company I guess. I don't use them much.

Wow, I had no idea something so light would cost that much to ship to the US. Maybe I'll wait until the company gets a cheap shipping thing going in the US. They have an ebay store starting up but right now nothing on it.

Jeanie, the HTP and TL are very different. I have a bunch of TL's. I can stay with the pre-made ones from that florida company I guess. I don't use them much.

Oh, ok. Sorry for the hijack. I was unaware of that.