Is Partylite really so great?

Hi!

I've never bought one of their candles, looked at a book one time and thought they were really expensive. Quite a few of the women at my kid's school have become consultants. I even got invited to a party and she knew I make and sell my own. They supposedly have this big special now that if you become a consultant, you get $800.00 in free product..really?? Any thoughts?

Michele

It's been alot of years since I used them, but, from what I remember they were good but nothing spectacular. I went to a friends party and tried the consultant thing, but, it wasn't for me. I did get some really nice products for free in doing that which of course is the only way I could afford the glassware. I got one of the tealight lamps which I'm remembering was about 65.00 among alot of other rather expensive free stuff.

I even got invited to a party and she knew I make and sell my own. They supposedly have this big special now that if you become a consultant, you get $800.00 in free product..really?? Any thoughts?

My thought is that if I am a candlemaker, why would I want to work as a sales rep for a company that makes candles? I guess if you just want a bunch of "free" product, then it would serve that need, but that's not why I personally make candles. I don't understand why you are even thinking about this company...

Hi Stella,

Oh no, that would not be for me! I was surprised that she would even invite me knowing I make my own candles and do parties for myself. I was just amazed that they give away $800.00 in free product, that seems like a lot to me. I was just curious as to what makes their candles so wonderful! Thanks!

Michele

It happens. I get invited to Scentsy parties, and occasionally a Partylite, but that has mostly fizzled out with my friends and relatives. It seems it's more the social network "friends" that I merely consider acquaintances that send these invites. I don't take offense, just chalk it up to FB lacking a good mail merge app that is user friendly. HTH and good luck!

Hi Stella,

Oh no, that would not be for me! I was surprised that she would even invite me knowing I make my own candles and do parties for myself. I was just amazed that they give away $800.00 in free product, that seems like a lot to me. I was just curious as to what makes their candles so wonderful! Thanks!

Michele

Trust me-- NOTHING IS FREE. I was a MK consultant for almost 10 years. I was a director for 2 years.. I even drove the so called " FREE CAR" for two years... NOTHING WITH THESE COMPANIES ARE FREE!!!! I was trying to find the info of what you have to do to get the $800 in free product. But, I can guarantee you have to do something for it. No company would just say " Here, welcome to the company, please enjoy $ 800 of free product on us "..

Agree with dc.

One of my girls that hosts parties and does sales is a former Partylite consultant; she had to purchase a pricey kit, and was expected to purchase the samples of every scent they introduced; she got a discount, but she used her product for shows, so it was not where she made her $. When she sampled my products, she quit PL and is now a great asset to my team.

On another note; I was in our local grocery the other day, and the local Scentsy rep was working there in the deli; she claims she is crazy busy with sales and couldn't wait to tell me about the new warmers and scents. Then she asked me how my Tupperware business was going(I've never sold Tupperware; hosted a couple parties back in the '90's). I laughed, gave her my card, and told her about two upcoming shows where she could view my product or attempt to market hers. It was a hoot. Before she got my card, she asked me to book a Scentsy party if she would book a Tupperware party. I have never sold Tupperware, so I just paid for my stuff and let her know who I was. Talk about the cat who swallowed the canary!