C3/Eco Wicks for Tins....

The Wicks Unltd. Chart shows the ROC for Eco wicks to be .26 for Eco8/ .27 for Eco10/ .28 for Eco 12.

I seem to have better luck with glass jars, but I'm trying to conquer 4 oz tins.. 2 5/8" diameter- C3 wax. My testing shows my ROC to be around .10 for these 3 wicks. I've read that Eco 10/12 is a good starting point for this size tin. I'd love to know what you all use for this size tin if you use C3. Thanks!

I use C3 and Ecos. I would think that Eco 10/12 would be WAY too big for that container. If it were me, I would start with Eco 4 which will probably still be too big but I don't use anything smaller than that. I would try maybe LX 12?

I only have Eco wicks..lol. The tins I've done with an Eco 6 never burned all the way down on the sides.

Here is the candle with an Eco12 at exactly 2 hours (ROC was .3oz in 2 hours):

2houreco12-1-1.jpg

Edited by Beth
spelling..

Hello, I don't know if this will help or not but I poured some 2oz test tins a few days ago, I use GB464 and I used ECO 4 wicks and they burned perfectly. I can also add that the fresh coffee from CS has a fantastic HT even though I had to fix the tops of all the coffee ones, must have been the FO because I poured 4 more with diffent FO and perfect tops.

Again, not sure if it helps but I can tell you the ECO 4's in the 2 oz tins burned great.

I've heard it said that sometimes a higher ROC can lead to a cooler candle as the melt pool is being burned off and not heating up. You might want to try the smaller ECO wicks and see it this is true for your situation. The theory works for me with pillars.