LS Fruit Slices

Soleil

I learned something new tonight.

Lonestar's Fruit Slices FO will melt a plastic cup. It is one of my mom's favorite scents so I was making her some tarts.

It is the first one, EVER, that I have had do that. I measure out my FO in plastic cups because they weigh the lightest. They're only an 1/8 oz on their own (with top rim cut off) so it's easy for me to see how much FO is in them.

Tonight, I made my fruit slices and I turned around, the cup was melting and oil was spilling out.

I need to find a non-meltable way to measure. How do you do it while we're on the topic?

I've just been using some left over small party cups (not dixie size but the next size up) and I haven't had that happen before! I guess I need to wait when I'm measuring so that won't happen again.. it wasted quite a bit of oil.. =(

I use small glass cylinder shaped measuring glass in 5 ounce size( I have 4 on hand)- you can get them at walmart / meijer/ target and just wipe out with paper towel when done- I tare the scale before pouring the FO

I rarely make batches that require more than 5 ounces of FO but if I do I have 4 so I just measure out 2

Tried the dixie cup thing once and it leaked thru as fast as I was pouring it plus the glass is no waste