Legislation popping up all over

Scented

It's that group who got Calif. to react and tried in Colorado ... it's an uneducated group, because the bigger companies are sending their scientist to these hearings now (did in Colo. anyway) so I really don't think it's larger companies trying to shut down the small guys. I think we're all in the same pool here. I think we're like the small fish swimming with the big ones maybe when it comes down to this. It's also why us small guys really need to know what we're doing before trying to sell something too.

Kinda wondering if I will be making anything more. I'm not a big fan of books for labels. I make because I know what's in it. I sell because I want my customers to be able to understand what they're buying, not go back to being majorly confused. I know if half of the crap on this proposed bill passes that it won't be worth my time trying to figure out every last drop of what's in there when I won't be able to get the process used for the distilled water alone. I can't afford to have everything scientifically tested so I know how much x is there and how much y and then z.

Call me skeptic but this kind of action requires a pretty powerfull lobby, with big contributions to politicians because these people only do what will put money in their pockets. I know that Fran Dreshner one of the faces behind the Safe Cosmetics Act also sells her own line of beauty products, claiming that they are so much better for you and won't cause cancer...so I think that the big fish will always be the big fish no matter what but I am sure that they would like to get rid of us and control the natural/organic market.