Fragrance Ideas

chappyk

Chappy, what state are you in? We can recommend suppliers that are closer to you- HUGE savings on shipping and transit times. Shipping costs are high because our materials are heavy! Start out with a few scents from one company and test from there. You will go crazy -and broke- with all the suppliers that are out there and all the great FO you want to try!

I'm not exactly sure what to say about starting out with the fragrances as they are or mixing your own to begin with. I was at candlemaking for a while before mixing my own. I find that it's really nice to have generic scents (like white cake) around to make my own fragrances. You can really tweak the notes to emphasize what you want. If you're new, however, it might be a good idea to first get a sense of what's out there.

I'm the one who will tell you go ahead and start blending once you have the FOs. Might as well just get used to doing it ya know if that's what you want. Since shipping into Canada is going to draw customs you might want to not start with 1 oz samples. It won't be enough to start blending other fragrances you may want. Just my opinion. If you look for U.S. suppliers, make sure they ship to you.

and yeah, stay away from craft store fragrances. Spend your money more wisely.

Edited by Scented