What about this new Masterbuilt turkey fryer?

Dana

Where would you put the wax? I'm not seeing how it would be used for our purpose. The reason we can use the other turkey fryer for wax is because the melted wax takes the place of the oil. But this one is oil free... [insert shoulder shrug emoticon here...I haven't found them yet on the new board]

So will this unit work for wax? Is the drip pan issue a problem? Meaning are their holes? How do you get the wax out? Is putting a spigot necessary?

These were my questions as well. I was hoping someone might have bought one or at least checked it out and took a look at the inside. It says that clean up is a breeze so I am assuming it is smooth stainless on the inside. I think it would be way to heavy to dump like I do my presto. My main reason for interest in this one compared to the oil type masterbuilt turkey fryer is because of the heating unit is so hard to clean between scents/colors. I am getting away from pouring into pots and want to scent and color in the unit itself. I will definately need a spigot though. I think I will do a search and find out where these are in stock so I can check the inside etc. and report back here. Off I go!

I have been doing alot of research and read many reviews and I finally called the masterbuilt company. It is not recommended to have liquids of any kind in this type fryer. The person I spoke with on the phone says they smoke (even if you are not smoking meat) because of the way they cook with infared heat and it will emit some carbon dioxide (in all smoke) so must use outside. SOooo it doesn't sound as good as I thought. I was hoping to get another "wax melter" for around $100. Guess I will have to get another regular oil type turkey fryer. My commercial water jacketed melter is getting fixed and I have one turkey fryer already, but I will need another melter of some sort. The commercial ones are so expensive. I found mine on craigslist at a great price.....but now I am replacing the heating element. I sure wish they made a super sized presto!