Shipping Question/Concern

Soleil

I've been wondering about this for a while and I couldn't find a thread that exactly is what I am looking for when I searched. So my question is this...

How do you ship your products (candles/wickless) in the summer?

Do you offer a faster shipping along with the "ship at your own risk" regular shipping?

I'm just trying to get a feel on how to ship for if/when I need to. I don't want my stuff to melt in the mail.. :)

I only ship on Mon/Tues/Wed to avoid anything sitting in a hot warehouse or truck as much as possible. I also advise that if possible they should ask their local post office to hold the box for pick up - that way it doesn't sit in a hot truck or mailbox all day. For some, that's not convenient, but all know the potential risk if they don't. This has been one bad hot summer, but (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems yet. HTH

Hi, Soleil, and welcome.

Shipping in the heat is a big issue. I have a policy that when extreme temps are involved, I will only ship on Monday or Tuesday; and I generally use Fed Ex for any delivery I have concern over. They seem to be the fastest. USPS is also good for me; I don't have a whole ton of faith in UPS after several destroyed packages I shipped to Texas; I don't think it was the heat; the box was returned to me due to delivery failure (client wasn't home when they stopped; so they just sent it back without even contacting customer) and was destroyed; I had it well packed in bubble wrap, but it looked like someone stepped on it. I watched a UPS driver actually "kick" a package of mine up my steps; my regular lady was on vacation and they had various drivers during the holidays. All in all, I find it better to pay a few more dollars to securely ship. HTH!

"

That absolutely helps!

May I ask, it is a slightly dumb question, but what are the benefits of reducing summer shipping to Mon-Wed? Does it guarantee, slightly, that the package arrives during the week to where it isn't left in a hot warehouse/truck?

Most things I get are through UPS and here (Texas) I really haven't had a problem. Our delivery driver will just leave our packages on the porch, so that would be a huge issue with wax!

Pretty much. Say you ship a package on Thursday unless it's going to say the next state it's not gonna make it to the customer until atleast Monday. Which means it's going to be sitting over the weekend on a truck. All UPS that comes in from Friday (after 9 am) - Sunday is not unloaded until after midnight (monday morning) and I'm assuming the same would be true with Fed Ex or USPS. Atleast that's how it is in KY. One thing you can do is to leave comments when you do the actual shipping for the driver to leave it in a specific place (that's not directly in the sun for extended periods of time) something like a back door or to have it signature required. They always leave my packages at my back door which is covered by a car port so I've never had any issues. When I'm going to ship something that can melt I always ask the customer if there's a place I can have the driver leave the package where it won't be in direct sunlight/heat if they will not be home when it arrives.