Soy Additives

Have any of you found any additives that increase your throw with soy wax? When I use any type of additive it causes odd formations in the soy wax and doesn't seem to increase the scent.

I'm also having problems adding dye to soy. I've used liquid, dye blocks and dye chips and nothing gives a consistent color throughout. It seems to either leave streaks or retains more color at the top of the candle. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by glint

I am not aware of any additives that measurably increase the HT of soy waxes, despite claims. The liquid EVO dyes from CandleWic have colored my soy wax candles successfully for years.

Without more specific information from you - wax type, dye type, FO load, wick type/size, container style/diameter - there's not much more I can suggest... A photo is very helpful to us to see what's going on with your candles. When you speak of "odd formations" the picture I get in my head may be nothing like what you are seeing. Same with "streaks" and "more color at the top of the candle." It's also helpful to include information such as the temp to which you heated the wax, the temp at which you added what amount of FO and the temp at which you poured and any other procedural notes, such as how long you stirred the wax and with what.

Posting & researching your questions in the veggie wax forum usually will yield more information and comments.

Edited by Stella1952