Just Scent Must Haves??

morethanrubies

Hi there. I haven't ordered from "Just Scent" in awhile and wanted to swoop up 10 samples or so and wanted to know what are good sellers for those that use their oils.

I have tried some in the past, and have found them to be hit or miss. I do currently still use Coconut Milk and Lavendar which I love!

Wondered what ones might have been a HIT for you, specifically in soy.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by morethanrubies

JS has allot of good oils, I just got my order today from them but it's all screwed up. :tiptoe:Zucchini smells like gingerbread and orange.. sourcream spice cake smells like zucchini is supposed to and jelly donut smells like her bazooka bubblegum. I was really looking forward to trying these but since obviously someone mixed up labels/ entire order I can't recommend any of the "new" ones. Waiting to hear back on how they're going to handle it.

The Citrus linen h2o is great, so it caramel cinnamon latte, fizzy pops, she had a good fruit loops too. Not liking the honey buttered rolls too much, doesn't smell like bread at all but again, the order is messed up so who knows if that is what I actually got.

Thanks Funky, I look forward to hearing about them when you get the right ones. I have been wondering about that Citrus Linen H2O... does it throw well in soy?

So far on my list of samples I want to try -- which is purely from reviews off of their forum and/or listed best sellers are:

gain apple mango tango - supposedly a dead do on dupe

funky monkey (no pun intended funkymonkey66!!)

vanilla buttercream crunch, i read on here someone loved it.

So-Cal -- supposed to smell just like the Hollister store

Autumn Wreath

Leather Vanilla

Country Charm

Christmas Magic....

anyone tried any of these?

Wow! I gotta say I'm not loving the response I got from JS at all.

I took it as very rude, defensive and not willing to admit someone made a mistake. I'm pretty shocked actually. I always considered her one of the better suppliers.

She did say I could send it all back and she'll look at it and refund my card. I shouldn't have to pay to ship it back. I hope she at least sends a prepaid label.

I actually use/have used lots of oils from JS and love them (some of them are even from her bodacious line) -- I do use a parasoy and not straight soy, but this is what works well for me:

Cherry Slushie

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

Vanilla Shake

Harvest type

Vanilla Sandalwood

Dirty Dancing

Almond Cookies

Caribbean Salsa (one of my personal faves)

Fudge Brownie

Sinful Sandalwood (not a great throw in candles/tarts, but awesome in b&B)

Island Nectar (not a great throw in candles/tarts, but awesome in b&B)

Pumpkin Marshmallow (smells like butt OOB and even takes several days to cure before it smells right, but it is nice once it does)

Frosted Pumpkin (one of our best sellers)

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Sage & Citrus (never smelled the original, but her dupes are usually spot on)

Vanilla Bean Noel (dead on dupe and super strong)

Aspen Winter (dead on dupe -- one of my favorite holiday scents)

Lover Boy (not strong at all in candles/tarts, but yummy in b&B)

Coffee Cake & Spice (not as strong as some I've tried, but for $10...)

Vanilla Silk (smells like rice krispie treats to me)

Sun & Sand

Blonde Bombshell (smells like a strong sweet tart)

Be Thankful

Okay, there are lots more but those are off the top of my head....hope this list helps :) I know some people don't care for JS, but I personally have had more 'yes' oils than 'no' oils from them...

Number2of7, does the frosted pumpkin smell like the website description? If so, are the maple notes strong? Thanks!

I actually use/have used lots of oils from JS and love them (some of them are even from her bodacious line) -- I do use a parasoy and not straight soy, but this is what works well for me:

Cherry Slushie

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

Vanilla Shake

Harvest type

Vanilla Sandalwood

Dirty Dancing

Almond Cookies

Caribbean Salsa (one of my personal faves)

Fudge Brownie

Sinful Sandalwood (not a great throw in candles/tarts, but awesome in b&B)

Island Nectar (not a great throw in candles/tarts, but awesome in b&B)

Pumpkin Marshmallow (smells like butt OOB and even takes several days to cure before it smells right, but it is nice once it does)

Frosted Pumpkin (one of our best sellers)

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Sage & Citrus (never smelled the original, but her dupes are usually spot on)

Vanilla Bean Noel (dead on dupe and super strong)

Aspen Winter (dead on dupe -- one of my favorite holiday scents)

Lover Boy (not strong at all in candles/tarts, but yummy in b&B)

Coffee Cake & Spice (not as strong as some I've tried, but for $10...)

Vanilla Silk (smells like rice krispie treats to me)

Sun & Sand

Blonde Bombshell (smells like a strong sweet tart)

Be Thankful

Okay, there are lots more but those are off the top of my head....hope this list helps :) I know some people don't care for JS, but I personally have had more 'yes' oils than 'no' oils from them...

I just ordered some samples of...

Caramel Apple

Candy Corn

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Cinnamon Cider

Pumpkin Pie Spice (I hope this one is more spice than pie crust)

Mulberry (I need to find a stronger mulberry, I hope this is it!!!)

Edited by SouthernGal
Bad grammar :)

Wow everyone thanks! Now it's going to be tough to decide upon 10 LOL... looks like my sample list just doubled. I really hated to add another pumpkin but I can't help it!! I currently use Pumpkin Souffle CS but I always like to have another. The frosted one sounds great.

Someone else mentioned Caribbean Salsa, ok sign me up! I'm headed off to order now.. I am making small portion cup sniffies for some parties. So this is the time for me to do it!

Thank you all. I'd say keep em coming but I'm unable to resist buying them LOL!!

Good to know--Thanks!

@ RWV -- the maple is detected in the sweetness, but not enough to make it stand out and smell like syrup. To me, it smells just like the one from Yankme...and my customers have been hooked on it for four years :)

Number2of7:

In your prior post you mentioned that Aspen Winter is a dead on dup. Is this a dup for Bath & Bodyworks (aka Slatkins) "Winter"? I bought a candle from BBW's holiday line last year and it is called "Winter". When I looked up the BBW description from their website, it matches the scent description provided by JS. JS describes it as a WB dup, but I am not sure what WB is.

Thanks,

Dessa

Number2of7:

In your prior post you mentioned that Aspen Winter is a dead on dup. Is this a dup for Bath & Bodyworks (aka Slatkins) "Winter"? I bought a candle from BBW's holiday line last year and it is called "Winter". When I looked up the BBW description from their website, it matches the scent description provided by JS. JS describes it as a WB dup, but I am not sure what WB is.

Thanks,

Dessa

It's the dupe for White Barn's Aspen Winter -- or did Slatkin take that one over?? Either way, it's "Aspen Winter" and not just "Winter"...I'm not even sure if WB still puts this one out during the holidays or not. I haven't had to buy it ever since carrying the one from JS :) I love it!!!

I ordered just a few (I'm trying to pare down my scent selection) and PRAY these work in 464 mix with CB Advanced but OOB:

Caramel Cinnamon Latte -- I wish if I drank this, it would taste like it smells!

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch -- where has this vanilla been all of my life?!! It's like sweet vanilla explosion!!

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar -- um YUM!!!

Caribbean Salsa -- Oh my freaking goodness, I love!

Citrus Linen H2O -- this is different for me but it smells like super clean house. I think it will get great response from my customers though.

I hope I am not disappointed in wax!