I saw a jar on here...

Here's the straight-sided glass jars that Specialty Bottle in Washington carries:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/salvejarsclearmi.aspx

And here's ones from SKS in New York:

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin36c.html

I can't find out who makes the Dollar Tree status jar, but is it approved candle glass or what? How can I be sure?
It is listed in their candle glass section, so that implies it meets the requirements for candle glass (ASTM standard Reference #: ASTM F-2179,

Effective Since: 2002). If you need verification, I suppose you could contact them . Or you could order Libbey glass from one of the many retainers who carry it in your area (restaurant suppliers, WalMart, etc.). Lone Star carries a nice line of Libbey Products, including salsa jars and straight sided jars & tumblers. HTH

Thanks, Stella. Nobody local to me carries Libby. I'll call Dollar Tree tomorrow and ask them. I like their status jars, and I know someone who uses it as her fundraiser candle, wrapped in cello bag with a metalic bow.

I've ordered the flat glass lids from CS and they fit the status jars perfectly.

I've ordered the flat glass lids from CS and they fit the status jars perfectly.

Oh wow! You mean the flat glass lids from CS fit the Dollar Tree status jars perfectly??? This is too good to be true! I was just asking that question on the thread about Status/Metro Jars. I've been meaning to call Dollar Tree to find out if their status jars are ASTM approved candle glass, or whatever.

Oh wow! You mean the flat glass lids from CS fit the Dollar Tree status jars perfectly??? This is too good to be true! I was just asking that question on the thread about Status/Metro Jars. I've been meaning to call Dollar Tree to find out if their status jars are ASTM approved candle glass, or whatever.

Yes, I meant DT status jars :) I do not know if they are ASTM approved. I don't use them much, as the CS glass lids are heavy and are still over $1 each with shipping.

I found some clear plastic lids for them from I think BCN, or Lonestar.

ETA: They cheapen the look of the jar I think.

Yeah, they do. The chandler who used them for her fundraiser candle wrapped them in cello bags with a metalic bow on top, and they were even her bestseller in her shop, but she had other jars with lids that the customers could sniff from. She sold hers for $12.95.

I found the lids last week for .48 a piece, i'm digging now to find the company. I bought the jars at Dollar Tree & then found another company that sells jar & lid for $1.08. I'll post as soon as I find where I put the info. CRS! www.glasssupplydepot.com has the lid.

www.generalwax.com 12oz Status & Lid 1 case @ $1.08 a set

Edited by ChandlerWicks
Remembered