Dancing Wicks

This is the main reason I dropped using CDs when making my parasoy blend candles. Didn't matter what size CD I used I still had that annoying flickering and the jars would get too hot to the touch for my personal preference.

For my parasoy I found I really liked the Zincs out of all the other wick series I tried and tested. They gave me the steady flame and much better hot throw than the CDs. Zincs are prone to mushroom but for me the tradeoff was worth it. I just remind customers to always trim their wicks before burning.

• 2 weeks later...

I use CD's also and I have no mushrooms with any of my FO. I use 464 wax with 1oz FO per pound. I double wick and have a steady flame until I get to the last part of the jar (I use apothecary) and then they do flicker a bit but no soot. The jar does get a little hot. Not sure if I can go down anymore and get a better outcome with sacrificing other things. I get great HT/CT too!