Fragrance separating from the wax?

Jewls819

Has anyone had fragrance tat didnt mix well with the wax? I made some coconut cream pie fragranced candles in 6006 with (ky)Coconut Cream Pie and it separated or rather never incorporated witht he wax. I have yellowish blotches on the bottom of the candles. I mix at 180 and and still stir for aprox 2 min. The candles smell good but look terrible. I have had seeping happen when I used soy but never ever in the 6006. I only use 6% per #. Very strange..maybe a bad bottle? It was bought used.

Edited by Jewls819

Could be a bad fo, but sometimes with bakery scents in various parasoys I've tested, I have to mix my fo in at 190 or higher and stir like crazy. I found this tip in a search and started mixing all my fo's that high and seems to have made a difference. I just started testing the 6006 a couple of weeks ago so my fragrance experience with that wax is limited, but I sure am loving 6006 so far.

Just wanted to pop in and assure you that it wasn't a bad bottle -- I bought it in March of this year...

No Worries here ..the candle smells fantastic. I just wanted to see if it has ever happened to anyone and any adjustments that I could make. I am going to try to mix at 190ish and see if that helps..thanks for the recommendations everyone. I love this stuff and I want to make it work ;-). By the way the sweet orange chili pepper is fantastic as well as the strawberry kiwi.

The only time I ever had an FO seperate on me was when I used Peaks Coconut Cream Pie. Coincidence?!!

I also got little patches of yellow colored oil spots from the FO that seperated from the wax. A lot on the bottom of the candles but also in the sections along the sides of the candle where the wet spots would be. I was using paraffin wax at the time and know I had added the FO at the same temp 185-190 degrees and stirred well just like my other candle batches. But it only happened with the Coconut Cream Pie.

That was when I first started making candles and I just assumed I did something wrong. I never did a FO retest as I ran out of that oil and never bought anymore. So I can't say for sure why it happpened or how to fix it. But now I am curious that this happened to someone else too.

I recently had it with a Papaya scent from Wellington Fragrance, so it's not just the Coconut Cream Pies that are doing it. I went down to 3% (which by the way, you get almost no throw, hot or cold, from) and it still separated. So yes, I have had it happen, and very recently.

I only used that oil to make tarts (parasoy wax) but it did fine -- never tried it in my parasoy container wax. The only fragrances I've gotten the "yellow" spots from have been those with heavy chocolate in them (mint chocolate was the absolute worst one!)

You may want to pop in and ask Vickey over at KY....