Vanilla

moon01945

that was the part exposed to air... i think the whole brick will adventurally darken. Vanilla gets real dark.

I think it looks cool with the really dark on top... but it will all darken.

Edited by moon01945

the whole thing is really brown and the edges are a darker brown. Really pretty simple bar.

It has been hardening up very nicely. I think they are good. smell like vanilla candy. yummy!

I moved everything into AC after gel stage and cutting and that helped a lot.

• 1 month later...

So this has darkened and is a very dark brown. It smells great cut and when you sniff not in the shower. BUT in the shower it smells almost like burnt vanilla and the bubbles are brown. I knew the bubbles would be brown because it was sooo dark but burnt vanilla when wet? That is just weird.

I also had some general feedback from people that they don't like dark soap. I like it cause it looks rich and different, but a lot of people are trained to want the white soap. So I am going to break down and get some vanilla stablizer. And I am thinking of getting a different vanilla. Any suggestions??

I did use this vanilla in melt and pour and it smelled great. Maybe it is just not good in CP.

So this has darkened and is a very dark brown. It smells great cut and when you sniff not in the shower. BUT in the shower it smells almost like burnt vanilla and the bubbles are brown. I knew the bubbles would be brown because it was sooo dark but burnt vanilla when wet? That is just weird.

I also had some general feedback from people that they don't like dark soap. I like it cause it looks rich and different, but a lot of people are trained to want the white soap. So I am going to break down and get some vanilla stablizer. And I am thinking of getting a different vanilla. Any suggestions??

I did use this vanilla in melt and pour and it smelled great. Maybe it is just not good in CP.

I wish I knew what to say, but I know nothing. I do love the way the vanilla darkens. I think cp is more finicky then dealing with candles. LOL. I have vanilla stabilizer from wsp, but my mp soaps still turn with vanilla based fo's. I hope someone chimes in to help with the scent change. :)

• 2 weeks later...