Yahoo!

So I have been thinking about playing around in candles for a while now, and it didn't seem too expensive until I started looking at shipping costs. I am planning on using mainly candle science at first to see how it goes, the shipping wasn't too bad for everything except the wax.

Well today I was job hunting and came across Golden Brands LLC. It caught my eye but I assumed it was some other business. I decided to look into it and found out they are about 10 minutes away from my house! I am super excited and looking back into candles again. Now all I need to do is call and see if they allow pick ups!

You might want to buy a kit from candlescience and dabble a bit before you really take the plunge. And, this is not cheap if you plan on making a business out of it. To do it right, you need to learn one wax very well, learn wicking, figure out fragrances if you plan on scented candles, figure out your container or mould. Then test, test, test.

However, if you just want to make one or two for yourself and have some fun, then you don't need any bulk wax even though you are nearby. A kit will do the job.

If you do go visit, I hope they give you a tour. Sounds like fun.

Are you talking about Golden Brands, LLC the manufacturer or a supplier that carries Golden Brands? If its the manufacturer they may require a minimum purchase order so call them and check it out before you go out there.

Hope you have luck either way. Thats way too cool to have a wax supply very close to you. The closest to me is a 4 hr drive one way. So a couple times a year I drive out to load up to save money on shipping. Its a whole day trip but worth it.