I simply can't believe some of this stuff...

I've been scoping out online competition today, and can't believe some of the nutsy things sellers put on their sites, but this was the best:

"If any or all of a candle is not in a container, wrap it tightly with tinfoil leaving only the top open for lighting. Make sure to place the candle on a burn safe surface that will catch any drips. Make sure the tinfoil does not touch any part of the candle flame. By doing this your candle will burn 4 to 5 times longer! If you do not do this your candle will fall flat when burned. The types of candles that need the tinfoil wrapped around them include pies, ice cream splits, tops of old-fashioned milkshakes, parfaits, sundaes, cheesecakes, cakes, and any other candle taller than its container. Place tapers at least 2" apart to avoid side blowouts."

WTF?!:shocked2: Obviously this seller doesn't want to make a proper candle. Who wants their candle wrapped in tinfoil when they're burning it? I mean, half the pleasure is viewing the candle! Simply mind boogling...:tiptoe:

LOVE the responses!:yay:Really made me chuckle...:laugh2:...but seriously, how could a seller list junk like this under their candle burning tips. I forgot to mention that besides food candles, she makes regular pillar, jar, votive, taper, etc. candles. Her food candles look terrific, but obviously she hasn't tested the burn-all the way to the end-or has, and can't figure out how to make them so they don't melt into a puddle after the first few minutes. Food candles can be very time consuming, especially if you make all the components and don't buy any of them. You have to make different components with different additives, sometimes different waxes, and the wicking can take many tests to get them to burn properly. I make a whole line of these and I even had a supplier of the wax components to make hamburger/cheeseburger candles, as well as the candles themselves, ask me how I put the bun, lettuce,hamburg, cheese, tomato, onion, etc. together so they are "one" candle and not just "pieces" stacked on top of each other. I guess if a supplier can't figure out and test items, how can you expect a seller to do it? No wonder candles "fall flat" if pieces of wax are just stacked on top of each other instead of being one solid piece. I've gone thru hundered of lbs. of different wax and countless hours of testing to develop a safe candle and can't understand indifference. What happened to American quality? It really is sad.:sad2:

And then to include pillars in that tinfoil nonsense...and what's that junk about tapers? Huh? (still shaking head...)

There will always be fools who don't use their heads for anything but hatracks.

Me? I'm gonna put on my metal colander and see if I can pick up Sirius Satellite Radio... I have metal fillings so it oughta work...

LMAO to funny

my daughter started making cupcake candles and they are beautiful. They leak through the wall though, so we have to figure out how to rebuild the outer wall. That's probably where this person is coming up with the craziness of the tinfoil. The wax will leak all over the place.

my daughter started making cupcake candles and they are beautiful. They leak through the wall though, so we have to figure out how to rebuild the outer wall. That's probably where this person is coming up with the craziness of the tinfoil. The wax will leak all over the place.

What do you mean they leak through the wall? Does she use a cupcake mold or just pour in regular cupcake tins and then add frosting? My guess is the wick is too big if you are talking a blow out.