Residue! Do soy candles look better in frosted glass, due to this?

With the few candles I've made so far I've been using clear glass (status jars), but as my candles (with CB 135) melt they leave a residue on the side of the glass. Does this not stand out so much on frosted jars? Is this an issue for anybody else? I originally wanted to work with frosted glasses but it seemed like so many companies were discontinuing them.

We started off using frosted apothecary jars and had some issues.

1) The glass is definitely not as thick and was prone to cracking (in our experience, and from the same manufacturer)

2) Wet spots were much more prominent and visible in frosted glass.

Because of that we changed to clear and have not looked back since. Using soy, you will never get squeeky clean class unless you overwick, thereby causing greater heat stress in the glass and the likelihood of carbon build up on the top of the jar.

JMHO

My customers do not give a rat's patootie about a little residue. Its all about scent, scent, scent in a container candle. People want strong scent in a decent looking container at a reasonable cost. There are some exceptions, of course, but in general they really do not care about what the container or the wax looks like while its melting. Except for soot and even then, judging by how popular Yankee Candles are, they don't care about that either.

My customers do not give a rat's patootie about a little residue. Its all about scent, scent, scent in a container candle. People want strong scent in a decent looking container at a reasonable cost. There are some exceptions, of course, but in general they really do not care about what the container or the wax looks like while its melting. Except for soot and even then, judging by how popular Yankee Candles are, they don't care about that either.

I have to agree here. It's more about the scent throw than what the container looks like. 99.9% of the candle users out there don't even know what a '''clean burn''' is... they are so used to the Wal-Mart crap that anything you produce will be at least 100% better.

I have a very dear friend that will never trim a wick on the Yankmee candles that she purchases nor will she hug or trim the wick on pillars so anything I make for her is far superior to what she buys off the shelf......but due to her lack of interest.. she doesn't know any better.

Edited by Pam W

You can lead a horse to water.....yada yada yada

Most people have no idea about the correct way to burn a candle. Some ask the burn time, and then say "but I don't get that" to which you start the questions.......how long did you burn for, did you trim the wick, etc etc. You already know what the answers will be before you even ask them. No wonder we all need insurance, there is a reason for that.....LOL

There is a way to get a cleaner glass but you have to be willing to make a soy blend wax. You can use paraffin or palm to get a cleaner container. If you are not willing to do that then you must embrace the glass film. Frankly, I never had a customer complain or comment about it. I gather they simply don't care. But if they don't get a strong scent throw you will hear back about that.