Tradewinds Update

Candybee

Just checked out the Tradewinds site. Now it seems they will not be carrying FOs afterall and have changed their name to Tradewinds Select Shades. They still carry the Select Shades and you can purchase them. They are great soap colorants.

Unfortunately they claim that the FOs they used to carry are no longer available. A little weird as last time I got an email back from them early in the year the were busy 'reformulating their oils'.

Whatever. I am very disappointed. They had some awesome oils I can't find replacements for. I have yet to find a Cucumber Melon or Lavender Flowers as good as theirs was. Sigh!:mad::sad2:

Bummer, I was hoping to actually have a supplier with great oils that I could drive to. I was looking forward to trying their fragrances. I picked up some of the Select Shades and still learning how to use. So far I really like them. Just have to get the color blending down.

I agree because candybee...when you had posted before I am pretty sure that I said...I knew Dan from a private board and told us that he pretty much did all of the mixing to get some of their great fragrance oils.

So...if Dan is back with Robbie...it's hard to believe that he would be back just to sell Select Shades. But I remember that Dan was a big time soaper...he had a soap shack on the property where he would do all of his "work". I can't remember if he was a big time candle pourer.

My guess is that Dan? is still sick or never fully recovered. Possibly he's in remission. I could be wrong but I am also guessing that their resources may be low due to all the illness and cancer treatment and getting the fragrance company going may have been too much. Especially if he is not fully recovered. I wish them well but will really miss Tradewinds the Fragrance Company.:sad2:

If it is financial I wish that at least they could bring in a couple at a time then add more later! Just a thought, or sell their old formula to another supplier and let them reformulate them. If he is ill I wish him the best and that he gets well soon.

I am so upset to read all of this. I have never EVER smelled oils like TW. Sure, a couple were not so hot. Honestly, they had a very stinky Wisteria. However, this was not the norm. Their oils were phenomenal and I seriously miss them so much even after not having their oils for a couple of years now. I do not think that I will ever find a better Lily of the Valley, Vanilla, Black Cherry or Plumeria.

Yes, I feel the same way. I had emailed them because I have a customer that is crazy about their indian summer. I cannot find another like it. He did respond and tell me what to mix, but what good does that do me if I don't have those oils to mix??? I carried about 10 of their oils and I sure do miss them. So do my customers!!!

You know its quite possible that even if they did reopen with their old FOs having them reformulated could have altered them enough to make them less potent or slightly changed. I've seen this happen again and again with many reformulations.

Still-- I would have loved to get my hands on their oils even if they are reformulated.

Here's hoping that the company will grow and maybe bring back the oils. But I won't hold my breath. Here's what it says on their website at http://www.tradewindsfragrance.net/:

Thank you for visiting Tradewinds/Select Shades.

We carry Select Shades color system for Soap, Bath And Body products.

We are sorry but we do not carry Fragrance Oils at this time.

All fragrances we use to carry in the past are no longer available from any source.

We hope in the future to carry Fragrances again but until that time we will be carrying Select Shades, and having other products available as we are able to find products we feel live up to our past standards.

Thank You

Maybe if we all send them an email saying how much we miss their oils they may bring them back.

Edited by Candybee

I just sent an email. I think that is a good idea Candybee. It can't hurt anyway. There is a link to their contact page on their website. Just type a message and submit.

Edited by Noodle