Credit Card Processing Reviews Please

I'm curious as to what you guys think of various processing groups.

I'm in a "small business" type situation still. Work from my home, wholesale a lot, do craft fairs. So far it hasn't been an issue, but I'm wanting to potentially get working on getting credit card processing that I can take to fairs. I'm also possibly setting up a storefront, so will be looking for a POS terminal as well. Trying to get an idea of options, and frankly I'm not overly trusting of just what I see on the websites of various merchant services groups.

So, do you guys use any CC processing? Are they good for you? People you don't like, they're shady, shifty, problematic?

I use Intuit for my storefront and Go Payment for shows/fairs etc. Plus, because I have a merch acct w/Intuit it doesn't cost me anything for the Go Pymt & I pay extremely low fees. I didn't like their swiper though, so I picked up a Mophie swiper for my phone & really love it.

Don't use Thompson Merchant Services

Just in case you did a search on here.

When the company was small and first starting out, Joe the owner was very helpful.

But as the company grew..The Customer Service got worse!!

Joe will never return a phone call and it takes for ever for him to answer emails!!!

(Unless you want to upgrade or open an account.. Then Bam.. He will call you right back. LOL) But once he hooks you.. Forget it.. You are on your own.

I had billing issues, incorrect charges, and broken equipment sent to me. It was a nightmare trying to get a hold of this man. He cost me a lot of time and money.

So I quit using him and it was the best decision I ever made.

Their rates may be good, but the customer service is the worst!!

RUN AWAY from this company!!!:tiptoe: