Start really paying attention Monday

Scented

Here is what I received this morning! It is very interesting and looks like it is going to hurt us big time. I just woke up and brian is still fuzzy and have not read it except highlighted areas quickly, I will study it further later.

http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/07/safe-cosmetics-act-2011-cover-table-of-contents-and-sec-611-definitions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PersonalCareTruthOrScare+%28Personal+Care+Truth+or+Scare%29

My thread get out of the back seat is posting links to the actual bill and discussions. Let's just say we're all going to destroy forests just to list the ingredients for starters (not to mention the fact that I definitionsare too loose, broad and repetitive etc. and there's other reasons to be broiling about this bill) and I wonder if Wal-Mart will give me a MSD sheet on their distilled water. I don't think so. I won't even go into the fragrance end. I'd like to thank Illinois people for voting in the supporter of this bill. I think we are headed into a world where toothpaste will come with a dictionary before you can use it. Some things will require one volume of an encyclopedia set and others will require the whole series. WHY are these anti-business people ever elected? Isn't there a law that they have to live in a communist country or on Mars or something and not turn the principles of a free nation into dust? This is not turning out to be a good day for me lol.

Edited by Scented

I don't think that these elected officials are anti-business, they get lobbied to death by special interests and there is just no one lobbying for us.

They just don't get to see the whole picture and do not fully comprehend the impact this will have on small business owners like us and on their state's economy.

Contact your elected officials and the sponsors of this bill to voice your concern.

Yes, I know that there is one person. Does anyone know what firm this person is with? Are they based in DC?

Seriously, I think it is going to take more than one lobbist to get us heard by congress. Has anyone seen any media coverage about what this bill would do to our industry, because I live in the DC area and I haven't heard anything.

All suppliers should have the petition link and info about this bill on their home pages but they don't and sites like Etsy don't say anything about this bill.

How is this petition going to get signed if the majority of B&B makers are not even aware of what is going on.

QUOTE=Scented;911960]Wrong. There was someone lobbying for us and the HMSG was helping to pay for them.