Alabaster Update

Alajane

Lots of us have been wondering what's happening with Alabaster--I just went to their site to see if one of the FOs I needed was finally back in stock and found the following message:

Dear Alabaster Fragrance Customers,

This is without a doubt one of the hardest letters that I have ever had to write. I am sure that you already know that we are out of business but I wanted to write you guys one last time to make it official.

The last few years have been incredibly difficult for us for a variety of reasons. Reasons that I would love to share with you but are probably of little importance at this stage. The end result is the same.

Having said that, I do want to let each of you know that Daryn Flanders will be opening a new supply company in this region under the name of Community Candle Supply. You may visit their new site at www.communitycandlesupply.com.

Again, It has been a great honor to have worked with each of you over the last twelve years and I wish everyone the best in everything you do.

Best Regards,

Todd Ervin

Alabaster Fragrance and Color, Inc

Who is Daryn Flanders? I met Herb in Kentucky but never visited the Alabama location.

I believe Daryn is one of the original owners--I think the names were Daryn & Todd and in my first several years of dealing with Alabaster, I only met Daryn and Mike. In the last couple of years, Todd was the owner I spoke with--I believe Daryn had left the business but not sure. On the other hand, I'm not sure what that Daryn's last name was, so it may or may not be the same one. If it is, he's a very nice guy and was great to work with.

I, too, have really missed them for the last year because they've been out of stock of my wax every time I've tried to order for at least that long. I hope the new location is in the Birmingham area instead of NC but will have to wait and see. Very unfair if it's in NC because they already have Candle Science--we need a good supplier in Alabama!!

And Okie, me too about the Birthday Cake--I have one pound of it left and a few customers who only buy that scent, so I'm hoping!

Edited by Alajane

Curious as to why Todd sent out an email stating they were not going out of business and that they soon would return stock to record level highs if they were indeed going out of business?? I checked out the new supplier briefly and it looks exactly like the Alabaster site just with a diff name. So did this new company buy out Alabaster and take over what stock they had? Seems that's what happened since the new site is temp out of stock of the exact same things Alabaster was. If anyone orders from the new company please post your experience(s) so those of us that Alabaster lost might have a new supplier if things are ran differently under the new company.

I had the same thought as you about the OOS items on the new website, but then I looked back at the home page and, at the time I looked, it said the site was under construction. And Todd said that Daryn Flanders "will be opening" the new supply company, so I figured maybe they were just using the old website temporarily until they get the new one up and running. I hope we will receive some announcement or notification of old Alabaster customers when the new site is up.

I received this email today from Daryn:

Welcome to CommunityCandle Supply!

My name is DarynFlanders, and I am the founder of Alabaster Fragrance and Color. Over fiveyears ago I sold the business to pursue other opportunities.

I am writing to leteveryone know that I will be opening a new candle supply company within twoweeks. Many of you are aware that Alabaster Fragrance and Color has gone out ofbusiness. With that said, we will be carrying the same supplies, such as fragrance,wax, etc. as they did.

The fragrances and allother supplies will be the same as with Alabaster. We are trying to supply youwith the same quality that you are accustomed to having.

We look forward toserving you!

Daryn Flanders

Community Candle Supply

245 Scotland Drive

Alabaster AL 35007