Hurricanes GRRRRRR

Paulette

Okay need more help. I have made alot of hurricanes and never had this happen over and over again. I am not doing anything different except I am using Peaks new High melt point wax. It is coming loose in the same place every time. Am I working too fast or do you think it is the wax. Please help I have two hurricanes to go and I am getting frustrated.

post-76-139458388697_thumb.jpg

Being as I'm a novice I can't offer much help. But, in my humble opinion It looks like you didn't hold it tight to the mold when you held the cold cloth against it. In my case, I get a bunch of ice cubes and water and keep sure my rag is good and cold and then just work it back and forth over the pic area, holding the pic with the back of a plastic stir spoon.

Well....you say that you have done a lot of them......then you know what you are doing.....Maybe the wax is too brittle....that is why I add 1/2 oz micro pp to my 5055 cane wax.....also check the waterbath temp...it is winter and the water may be cooler....warm it up if necessary.....You are using 24# paper? Check temp of wax in mold and make sure it is 190.....if you are only having trouble now, I's suspect the wax....Donita

Paulette, raising the temp of the water bath to 80 degrees really helped out with my problem of the wax in front of the picture sticking to the mold. Don't know that that will help you out though. I've had a lot of weird things happen with my picture canes but not never had them come loose like that. Knock on wood.