What FOs do you have the most of because of the search for perfection?

• 2 months later...

I want scents to smell like what they actually are. So many times, I've read a candle scent label in a store, open the jar, and although I know the CT can be concentrated in a covered jar, the scent doesn't smell remotely like what it's named. Here's my "elusive" list.

gingerbread (not gingersnaps or gingerbread cookies)

straight pineapple (have tested many, CC throws the best so far but is a little sweet)

pumpkin pie/ pumpkin pie spice--found some good-smelling ones OOB but they just don't throw well enough

sugar cookie--have found a few--Northstar, onlyfrag, BCS (has spice in it) and WSP--they're pretty good but not outstanding

cinnamon buns--never can find the baked dough, brown sugar, baked cinnamon (not red hot) and icing nor the right balance of these

key lime pie--after numerous testers, gave up and I'm currently blending my own

amaretto--so many smell good OOB, but when burning, they change to either a vanilla or plastic burning smell

cherry almond (like Jergen's lotion)--see above

vanilla--tried many but never found what I want

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now. Guess this is even more reason to keep buying those testers--LOL!

My list:

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Since we raise strawberries and fresh market direct from the farm, our customers are always surprised that strawberry is one fragrance of candles or soaps we don't carry in the gift shop. I always tell them that the day we finally find an fo that smells real we will but to tell the truth I've given up.

Have you tried the Strawberry Patch from Cajuns it is awesome

Always Wondering.I see you also can't find a carrot Cake with Cream Cheese.I had it but AWE went out of business.It was def a seller.Was one of my first scents I purchased and made that candle all the time.

Will look over a few more of your list and see if I can help with others.Wish I could for Carrot Cake but in the same boat as you now.

LynnS

Candybee,

Have you tried coconut milk from MMS--very nice. Also, their frosted cupcake fo was originally called "graham cracker", which is what BW honey gingerbread reminds me of, and it's body safe. Just a thought!

Peach (I loathe Georgia Peach too tart! Always looking for a softer, sweeter, fresh, juicy, fleshy, natural peach).

Coconut

Coconut Milk

Vanilla Sandalwood

Pumpkin Pie (for both soap and candles)

Pineapple

Vanilla (although I am loving CS Vanilla Lace I still have to mix for a perfect vanilla)

Gingerbread (Love BW Honey Gingerbread but want a body safe one just like it)

I've never found the perfect one of these scents:

Rose-never even gotten close

Non-bakery vanilla

Ozone or fresh-air scent-usually smell like men's colognes

Strawberry-most smell plastic-y to me

Apricot-usually have pukey notes

Pumpkin- I'd like one closer to a real pumpkin, w/out spice or crust

Edited by Sylvie
forgot to add