Can you remelt votives and add more scent?

I recently bought out another candle business, and in the deal came nearly 2000 votives. However, I don't want to sell them because I don't feel the scent is strong enough. I'm just getting back in the business after being out for 20 years and some things I have definately forgotten - so, can I melt their votives, add more scent, and repour?

I often remelt my own votives/melts/etc. and reuse. If I were in your shoes, I would try it, and be sure to test first before selling. No need to let that much wax go to waste. You can also use them in firestarter candles, melts, chunks for candles, etc. Lots of uses. Have fun!! :)

Wow! Thats a lot of votives to remelt! But it can be done. See if you can find out what the FO load was when the original owner poured the votives and what wax it was. Then you can check the manufacturers recos for FO load.

If the wax already has the full load of FO in it you may have trouble adding more but you could probably get away with adding an additional .25 (1/4 oz) or possibly up to .50 (1/5 oz) per lb. But you have to test a few to see if you get seepage. Seeping votives are pretty yucky. Ask me how I know. LOL:laugh2::laugh2:

Are the votives not strong when comparing cold throw or when burning? I often find that a votive sitting out doesn't have a great cold throw , then I burn it, and Wow! it if amazing. I would test a few burning too, then remelt and add fo if need be.

Thanks everyone. No, I've burned several - some of them are fine, but others like lilac or spiced pear are just nothing. I test a batch and see. Thanks again, I'll probably have several silly questions in the coming weeks as I get back into it!:yay: