Let's Make a Scent -- Part 3

Scented

Just to say we did it and to see what gets created.

I don't care how many notes we have in it and I don't want to know what company we have to get something from ... if you say simply say vanilla, we'll play with it and move on etc.

So here's how we can do this (and if I have it, I will likely do drops into a test tube and see if another scent baby can be born) ... we'll start with a fragrance or essential oil and each person to follow, add something you think will enhance that scent. Just one fragrance/scent/essential oil to the mix and let's see what we come up with say up to eight scents down the line.

So I want to create something that says Vacation (and I don't want to buy it in a bottle. I want something different.) I'm thinking Plumeria with Coconut milk ... add on ... please ...

Edited by Scented

Plumeria & Coconut Milk, with a dash of orchid, a bit of ginger....

A splash of Ocean and a drop of Velvet Tuberose, and maybe a hint of lime.

Edited by CBE

Was just going to report that ginger gives it a sharp note. Here's what I've got in it so far: (Will add your suggestions CBE next)

60 drops Plumeria

15 drops Coconut Milk

10 drops calypso orchid (might need more orchid though)

5 drops Ginger EO (that's where the sharp note came in)

In fact, coconut milk is not predominanting. This is hinting it is there, but thinking maybe adding a little more CM.

75 drops Plumeria

25 drops Coconut Milk

25 drops Calypso Orchid

5 drops Ginger EO (that's where the sharp note came in w/ less of above mix, but may add more now)

15 drops Spring Rain (had no ocean and didn't want to try driftwood, but a nice salt note might be good)

15 drops Briar Rose (I had no tuberose, but had primrose and might try swapping that in there instead)

10 drops Lime EO (this is what took the bite out.

This smells pretty sickly sweet lol. Now it needs to be grounded. I am contemplating a sandalwood base, but maybe, just maybe, it wants something else.

Edited by Scented

LOL. You're totally reading my mind too BTW.

I've been dying to get my hands on some plumeria so I could mix it with ginger and sandalwood and maybe some coconut for a couple weeks now so I've had some time thinking about this. . .

Scented... you REALLY need to get you a small 2 oz bottle of tuberose to play with. Tuberose makes an excellent blender, especially for summery scents. It just makes other scents POP out! If I had to suggest one, I would suggest Velvet Tuberose type from JS. It's not sickly sweet as others out there. It's clean and tropical smelling.... GET YOU A BOTTLE. Like now. K? No arguments. Just go.

LOL! I don't order just one bottle from anywhere. I actually thought I had Peak's tuberose, but I couldn't find it. Going to say what I did make has simmered down and I want to split it between amryis and oakmoss or an oakmoss and amber finish.

Edited by Scented

Did you have a particular theme in mind for this new scent? Reason I ask is if we add to many notes it could get too complex or not smell anything like what you have in mind.

I'm thinking you want to stick with a tropical florals & coconut milk scent if the predominent base is a blend of Plumeria & Coconut Milk. But I am liking the addition of orchid, ginger, lime, and sandalwood.

LOL! I don't order just one bottle from anywhere. I actually thought I had Peak's tuberose, but I couldn't find it. Going to say what I did make has simmered down and I want to split it between amryis and oakmoss or an oakmoss and amber finish.

Didn't I say no arguments? lol GET YOU SOME VELVET TUBEROSE. It makes AWESOME cp soap too. Even if you don't like florals, you'll still like Velvet Tuberose. So stop what you're doing, and go get some. And I probably won't leave you alone until you try it. I'll nag you and stalk you on Facebook too, until you get some. buahahahahaa!

On another note... I think sandalwood would finish off that blend perfectly. :)