How many different HP or CP soap recipes do you have?

lovemylabs

We are getting ready to experiment with a few more recipes and I was wondering how many different recipes do you guys have? Or, do you just have one basic recipe that you use for all your scents. We have one that is awesome, and this is our main one. But we want to experiment with other oils and also carry a goat milk soap. Was just wondering how many y'all have

I have 5 I use for different purposes. But I have probably done 200 hundred or more in experimenting, testing and just playing around. I love trying new oils and combos of new ones. I have a few personal favorites with more expensive oils that I make for limited addition soaps and for myself and family also.

I have one basic CP, but I have one for salt bars and one that includes a lot of added stuff. I know I probably experimented with about 75 of them to get to where I wanted to be and I still experiment with my main recipe, fluctuating what the lye amount is. When I'm out of a certain oil, I'll probably try another oil that I've been wanting to try.

I use the same recipe for everything, except for my castile (100% oo) and my shampoo bar recipe.. I dont make that alot though. I used to have different recipes and honestly it was just more work than it was worth to have different ones, so I stick to the same for everything now, to make it shaving soap just add clay, so on and so forth.

I use the same recipe for everything, except for my castile (100% oo) and my shampoo bar recipe.. I dont make that alot though. I used to have different recipes and honestly it was just more work than it was worth to have different ones, so I stick to the same for everything now, to make it shaving soap just add clay, so on and so forth.

Same here. I also just substitute milks and oils, but everything else is the same. Why mess with perfection? LOL!

Thanks guys...I appreciate your input. We are definately sticking with our main recipe. But, I think we'll work on using up the oils that aren't in this recipe and once those are gone, work on a GM recipe...I think for now, just having a couple will work for us, especially with prices being so high. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have 1 that I use that contains goat milk and honey. I have been getting feed back from customers that they want one that is vegan. I have been testing recipies for that and found one that my testers also have really enjoyed. So now I need to work on scents and packaging for it. I'm hopeful that the scents that work for my goat milk/honey will also work for this one.